Quebec City - QC
Become Flight Attendant
Job Description: Flight Attendant
Take to the skies as a flight attendant. Flight attendants are an important part of the crew of an airline who provide care for airplane passengers during travel. They assure that people are as comfortable and safe as possible. It is up to flight attendants to ensure the passengers follow safety regulations, and a failure to do so may puts other passengers at risk. They can be employed by large international airlines or for companies who provide charted and private flights.
5 Requirements To Be A Flight Attendant
- Experienced in customer service environments
- Able to memorize all rules, regulations and procedures
- Ability to stay organized and polite under all circumstances
- Physically comfortable to stand and move on long flights
- Very safety conscious, both for themselves and passengers
What Does A Flight Attendant Do ?
Flight attendant is primarily a customer service position, albeit one in a different type of working environment. They act as the face of the airline and the crew of the airplane. They organize passengers as they board and de-board the aircraft, ensuring safety and comfort during flights. There are also physical tasks involved, such as assistance passengers with mobility issues, large pieces of luggage and other circumstances that may arise. Different airlines have different responsibilities for their flight attendants, including varying levels of mandatory training to be completed before a first flight.
- Guide passengers boarding the plan to their seats
- Assist with luggage and baggage when necessary
- Perform safety demonstrations at the beginning of each flight
- Ensure that passengers are following safety regulations during the flight
- Provide foods and drinks
- Rely important information to and from the flight crew
- Identify issues or threats that may occur
- Remain calm under stressful circumstances such as weather and turbulence
- Make important in-flight announcements.
How To Become A Flight Attendant
Aspiring flight attendants must complete a training program provided by an airline as part of the hiring process. While these programs must be approved by Transport Canada, the government doest perform the training themselves. Each airline can have its own requirements, including CPR and First Aid Certification, and bilingualism.
Sectors Recruiting For A Flight Attendant
Flight attendants are recruited by the aviation and transport sectors.
Career Outlook For A Flight Attendant
The long-term employment outlook for flight attendants is considered to be limited to fair across the country. The number of job openings is predicted to remain similar to the number of job seekers looking to join the profession, but the tourism and travel industries are still recovering from the economic effects of the pandemic.
Where Does A Flight Attendant Work
A flight attendant works for an airline, providing either service on an airplane to passengers before, during and after the flight. They can operate out of specific airports, but the majority of their time will be spent on the airplane providing important information and attending to passenger needs.
Related Job Titles
According to the CNP code (national classification of occupations), here are the additional titles for a flight attendant:
- passenger service director
- flight service director
Companies Recruiting For A Flight Attendant
Val-d'Or - QC
Quebec City - QC
See all recruiting companies Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant Salaries
To get an idea of salaries in Canada for a Flight Attendant, visit our Jobillico salary tool.