This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Mission Statement: Homes First Society develops and provides affordable, stable housing and support services to break the cycle of homelessness for people with the fewest housing options.
APPLICANTS MUST QUOTE “PC21”
This position minimizes and eliminates bedbug/pest infestations and hoarding issues; keeping current on technologies and procedures; ensuring adherence to the mission statement, policies, and procedures of Homes First Society.
- Knowledge of best practices for bed bug, pest and hoarding issues
- Knowledge of group processes and dynamics
- Demonstrated interpersonal and team work skills; ability to maintain co-operative working relationships with Shelter and Housing co-workers and interact positively with the tenant population who have experienced homelessness, mental health and addiction problems
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Self-motivated with the ability to problem solve individually and as part of a team/group
- Demonstrated organizational, time management, and administration skills
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, in languages other than English an asset
- Working with other staff, Property Supervisor and tenants to prepare for bed bug/pest removal and/or assist in hoarding clean-up and housing issues stemming from hoarding
- Maintain bed bug/pest control tools and equipment in good condition
- Must be able to lift 25 kilograms
- Post-secondary education or equivalent
- several years’ experience working with people who are homeless, under-housed and who are hard to house
- knowledge of tenant population, diversity issues, anti-discrimination practices and systemic reasons for homelessness
- experience with RTA
- excellent interpersonal skills
- knowledge of relevant laws, standards and guidelines
- knowledge of resources and services available in the community
- excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution and organization skills
- certificates in First Aid, CPR, Crisis Prevention and Intervention an asset
** Note that the above job requirements are not exhaustive. Other duties may be assigned from time to time as required.
Working in an environment where there may be smoke is required.
The successful applicant must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to Homes First Society
Homes First Society is an equal opportunity employer
Homes First is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
Pleae note, all candidates offered a position with Homes First from September 8, 2021 onward must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination status as a condition of employment. Please note Homes First will comply with its human rights obligations and accommodate employees who are legally entitled to accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
En : Advanced
Internal reference No. PC21
Other Homes First's offers that may interest you