This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: MSP
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Medical Archives
CLASSIFICATION: Health Information Professional-2 (HP02)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: June 2020
HOURS OF WORK:
8 hour shift - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the authority of the Manager of Reception, Admitting and Health Records, the successful candidate will perform all the advanced technical duties (management, coding, processing, access and protection) related to the information contained in medical records. Other related duties may be assigned as required for the smooth operation of the department.
- Successful completion of a health information management program recognized by the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA);
- Successful completion of the CHIMA national certification examination / valid CHIMA certification and member in good standing of the CHIMA;
- Knowledge of the legislation and regulations governing the disclosure of information;
- Computer skills, especially with the Meditech system, Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel) and 3M;
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, pharmacology and medical and surgical procedures;
- Ability to set priorities and good organizational skills;
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills;
- Availability to travel within Vitalité Health Network’s territory in the respective zone;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network’s management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
“Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment”
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vitalité Health Network's offers that may interest you