This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : SHCP
ZONE : Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY : Restigouche Hospital Center
DEPARTMENT : Nursing Administration / Float Team
CLASSIFICATION : Criminologist (CM01)
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soons as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
12 hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Provide clinical support to the licensed professional responsible for the unit. Ensure consistency in crisis interventions and compliance with the Network’s tools, expectations and values.
Reporting to the manager or their delegate, take charge of multidisciplinary reports submitted to the court or the New Brunswick Review Board.
Take charge of safety huddles jointly with the forensic attendants.
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences, or a related field, from a recognized university, with specialization in criminology courses;
- Master in Criminology considered an asset;
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a criminologist desired;
- Experience in mental health desired;
- Recent experience with youth aged 12 to 18 considered an asset;
- Experience with mental health disorders considered an asset;
- Interest in working with a juvenile population;
- Knowledge of mental health problems;
- Knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada;
- Knowledge of dangerousness risk assessments (HCR2O, OAS, START, etc.);
- Knowledge of the community network;
- Sound judgment and leadership;
- Analyzing and problem solving skills;
- Having a vehicle and a valid driver’s licence;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network’s management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in one of the official languages, either French or English, is essential and spoken competence in the other official language is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Other Vitalité Health Network's offers that may interest you