This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Reynolds and Reynolds is currently seeking Technical Translators who are bilingual in French (Canadian French preferred) and English to work out of our Houston, TX office. As a Technical Publications Writer/Translator, you will use your proficiency in both languages to translate manuals and online reference materials for software products licensed for use in Quebec, Canada. You will translate software manuals, help messages, legal and human resources documents, marketing materials, and other miscellaneous documents used by internal associates and customers. You will also be responsible for conducting product testing before translation changes, which will give you the opportunity to suggest improvements to the existing Reynolds and Reynolds software. Translation is typically from English to Canadian French; however, translation from French to English is required on occasion.
- Utilize internal and third-party translation software to translate a variety of documents from English to Canadian French.
- Learn concepts and terminology related to automobile dealerships to properly translate industry-specific terms and documents.
- Gain a working knowledge of software the company sells to help in effective translation of screens, fields, and help messages.
- Review and revise documents translated by other members of the translation team.
- Communicate effectively with members of other departments to clarify and confirm translation needs.
- Demonstrate strong multitasking skills and be deadline-driven.
- Adapt to changing project priorities as needed.
- Focus on continuous, learning, growth, and development.
- Repetitive office tasks (keyboard and mouse usage, working on up to 3 monitors).
- Sit in assigned cubicle for up to 2 hours at a time for an 8-hour shift.
- For up to 8 hours a day, perform routine business activities, such as walking, standing, twisting at neck and waist while working with multiple monitors and assisting other associates.
- Bachelor’s degree in translation or a relevant field required
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills, in both English and Canadian French
- Self-driven, self-directed, and independent
- Good spelling, proofreading, grammar, and editing skills
- Detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and organized
- Must reside in or be willing to relocate to Houston, TX
- Ability to apply for a TN Visa is required
Our associates receive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. We also offer company contributions to your HSA, 6% match on 401(k), and a work/life balance with paid time off. At our Houston office, you can take advantage of our great training programs and facility amenities, including onsite dining, and onsite medical center. We also offer a wide variety of sports and social leagues to participate in after work, along with volunteering initiatives through our Associate Foundation.
Reynolds and Reynolds promotes a healthy lifestyle by providing a non-smoking environment. Reynolds and Reynolds is an equal opportunity employer.
Other Reynolds and Reynolds (Canada) Ltd.'s offers that may interest you