Ce recruteur est en ligne!
Voilà ta chance d'être vu en premier!Postuler maintenant
We're Growing! We are a non-profit Agency providing housing and support to people who have experienced chronic homelessness. We are currently seeking Relief Community Housing Workers for several sites. Relief Community Housing Workers work on an as-needed basis, earning $22.62 (including 7% in lieu of benefits) per hour.
Mission Statement: Homes First Society develops and provides affordable, stable housing and support services to break the cycle of homelessness for people with the fewest housing options.
*Due to the nature of the work, applicants must be available to work a variety of shifts including weekdays, evenings, weekends, and holidays, often on short notice.
The tenants living in our housing and shelters face challenges including Poverty, Mental Health, Addictions, Abuse, and Social Isolation. As a Relief Community Housing Worker, you would support these individuals with basic Life Management Skills, such as Assertive Communication, Goal Setting, Working with Feedback, Conflict Resolution, Problem Solving, and Managing Change. We also aim to assist and improve tenants’ Self Esteem while helping them access resources for health and well-being.
Relief Community Housing Workers will fully participate in the day-to-day operations of the facility.
- Post-secondary education in related field or equivalent in education and experience.
- Previous experience working with people who are homeless and/or under-housed.
- Knowledge of relevant laws, standards, and guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of our tenant population, diversity issues, anti-discrimination practices and systemic reasons for homelessness.
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution and organization skills.
- Certificates in First Aid, CPR, Crisis Prevention, and Intervention an asset.
- The successful applicant must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to Homes First Society within the first month of employment.
- Homes First Society is an equal opportunity employer
Submit Resume to:
Homes First Society, Fax: 416-214-1873, Attention: Yasir Ansari
Or email: email@example.com
When applying, please quote RE22. Please no phone calls.
Working in an environment where there may be smoke is required.
The successful applicant must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to Homes First Society.
Homes First Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Homes First is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
Please note, all candidates offered a position with Homes First from September 8, 2021 onward must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination status as a condition of employment. Please note Homes First will comply with its human rights obligations and accommodate employees who are legally entitled to accommodation.
Environnement de travail
Équité en emploi
Cet employeur souscrit au principe d'équité en emploi et applique un programme d'accès à l'égalité en emploi pour les femmes, les autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques et les personnes handicapées
En : Avancé
No. référence interne RE22
D'autres offres de Homes First qui pourraient t'intéresser