ABOUT OUR STORE:
What better place to share your love for pets than in our stores? With so many opportunities under one roof, you'll be sure to find a career path that inspires you. As the Department Manager over associates, you’ll ensure that the store runs smoothly-from head to tail. From motivating associates to ensuring we have the right product on the floor, our Department Managers drive the success of our stores by ensuring our customers have an engaging, personalized shopping experience.
ABOUT OUR TEAMS:
In a store as big as ours, we need all hands (and paws, wings and fins!) on deck to ensure we are operating efficiently. So, as a PetSmart Associate Lead, you’ll help lead the team in the following areas:
- Associate Leadership: Our associates are key to making great experience in our stores. As the Associate Lead, you’ll help to lead a team who are as passionate about pets as we are with responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, training and developing associates.
- Overall Retail Initiatives: Creating an exceptional customer experience is a top priority for all our leaders. From ensuring our associates have extensive knowledge of pet solutions to building connections with pet parents, our leaders ensure a safe and fun environment in our stores.
ABOUT YOUR CAREER:
Just like we’re there for pets at every stage of their lives, we’ll be with you at every stage of your career, too. With PetSmart, you will have opportunities to:
- Gain experience in a different business unit-from the store to the salon or the Pets Hotel
- Develop your leadership skills as an Assistant Manager or Store Manager
- Tackle the challenge of a new store opening
- Transfer to any one of our 1600 stores nationwide
THE WARM AND FUZZIES:
We’ve highlighted job responsibilities as best as we could above-but the best parts of working at PetSmart can’t be fully described in the job description.
- It’s the excitement you feel when you help a little one pick out his very first fish. And not just any goldfish, but that one, right there, no not that one, this one, yea!
- It’s the relief Rosie feels when you help her mom select the best food for her upset tummy and her delight when it turns out to be chicken flavored!!
- It’s the pride of the giving Mickey a makeover in our salons watching him strut his stuff on the way out. Paws off, ladies, he’s taken!
- It’s the joy of reuniting Frankie with her family after a fun stay in our Pets Hotel.
- It’s the celebration of Bella’s birthday, Gizmo’s graduation from puppy classes or Ace’s adoption.
- It’s the little things we do that add up to really big things that pets need.
Working at PetSmart is not a job, it’s a community of those who work together for the love of pets.
Apply now to experience a career that loves you back.
We look forward to seeing your application to join our Department Management team!
This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work associates/leaders assigned to this job perform. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. You will be provided a copy of a job description for the actual position you are hired in to.
PetSmart is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We offer reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our application process, upon request and as required by law