- Salaire À discuter
- Publié le 7 mai 2022
- Ajouter aux favoris
Dès que possible
Ce recruteur est en ligne!
Voilà ta chance d'être vu en premier!Postuler maintenant
Licensed Practical Nurse - Repost
Requisition ID: 5663
Position Number: 20022899, 20060049, 20055014, and 20026064
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: Deer Lodge Centre
Work Location: Float Pool
Department / Unit: Nursing Resource Team
Job Stream: Clinical
Targeted Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days; Evenings; Nights; Other; Weekends
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $27.304, $28.198, $29.080, $30.152, $31.134, $32.232, $33.380
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Directly accountable to the Manager of Patient/Resident Care, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides professional practical nursing services to designated patients/residents including independent nursing services, administration of prescribed medical treatments, collaboration and interaction within the health care team and participation in the coordination of patient/resident care and discharge. May be responsible for directing students, health care aides and other support staff in the performance patient/resident care. Collaborates with physicians and professional health staff in the facility and the community. May be required to work some evenings, weekends and statutory holidays. The LPN demonstrates a commitment to the Mission, Vision, Values, goals and objectives of the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority and Deer Lodge Centre.
- Experience with chronic illness, geriatrics and complex continuing care.
- Graduate of an approved Licensed Practical Nursing education program.
- Active registration with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and support for:
- The College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Licensed Practical Nurses
- The College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba Code of Ethics for Licensed Practical Nurses
- Scope of practice as documented in the Licensed Practical Nurses Act
- Nursing care knowledge related to the geriatrics and complex continuing care
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the health care team
- Principles of delegation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize care for an individual patient/resident or a group of patients/residents; to delegate care appropriately and monitor outcomes of delegated care; and to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning is required.
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the health care team; to adapt quickly to changing situations; to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions; and to function in a demanding and stressful environment.
- Keyboarding skills an asset.
- Adheres to all safety and health policies, regulations, and safe work practices.
- Good physical and mental health to meet position demands.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.