- Salaire À discuter
- Publié le 7 mai 2022
- Ajouter aux favoris
Dès que possible
Ce recruteur est en ligne!
Voilà ta chance d'être vu en premier!Postuler maintenant
Health Care Aide-Repost
Requisition ID: 5662
Position Number: Multiple
Posting End Date: Open until Filled
Site: Deer Lodge Centre
Department / Unit: Nursing Resource Team
Job Stream: Clinical
Targeted Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days; Evenings; Nights; Other; Weekends
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $18.265, $18.813, $19.377, $19.958, $20.557, $21.174
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Directly accountable to the Manager of Patient/Resident Care, and under the direction of the nurse, the Health Care Aide (HCA) acts as a member of the health care team, assisting with patient/resident care and providing basic supportive care as directed. Performs all duties in accordance with established health and safety regulations/guidelines, policies and procedures (e.g. utilizing personal, protective equipment as per safe work procedures). Notifies their Manager or their designate (i.e. supervisor nurse) of all occurrences, injuries illnesses or safety and health concerns which are likely to harm themselves, their co-workers, or any others who enter the premises.
- Experience in a relevant clinical area preferred
- Grade XII or equivalent
- Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized educational institution
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrates initiative, flexibility, reliability and creativity
- Functions effectively within a changing environment and an interdisciplinary team
- English fluency in both written and verbal communication
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and support for Health Care Aide practice including basic principles of the techniques and procedures of patient/resident care related to activities of daily living; Non Violent Crisis Intervention; roles and responsibilities of members of the health care team; principles of personal care/rehab care/dementia care/chronic care.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload; to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities; to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands; to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary
- Involves physical activities such as standing, transferring, and transporting patients/residents and equipment.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.