Do you have a passion for customer service, the hospitality industry and leading people? Come work, play and stay in beautiful Muskoka this summer (Staff Housing Available)! Taboo Muskoka is a privately owned Resort and Golf Operation whose mandate is to 'Create happiness by offering incredible Muskoka experiences to our guests and team.” Our Food & Beverage team at the Boathouse Restaurant plays a critical role in ensuring this happens and we are looking and for an ASSISTANT DINING ROOM MANAGER to join the team!
Reporting to the Director, Food and Beverage, you will be in charge of all operational food and beverage components for the restaurant. Oversee the day to day operation of the restaurant, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, bar and special event/conference services
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Supervises, coordinates, communicates and motivates all staff to ensure outstanding guest service within the event and conference function spaces;
- Subject to the approval of the F&B Director order and control inventories of all supplies (i.e. small wares)
- Maintains an onsite presence during all peak services times, and during conference events given the seasonal nature of the operation;
- Ensures financial contribution and that all service standards are met by generating revenues, and cost control;
- Ensures daily, weekly and monthly POS and group billings/postings are accurate completed and reported to resort accounting management;
- Subject to the approval of the F&B Director, weekly event schedule, staffing and payroll
- Assists in the training of event and food and beverage team members;
- Works with Chef and F&B Director to create and develop menus;
- Complete and input event information into Maestro and produce BEO’s
- Ensures and enforces that all aspects of front and back of house operation meet the highest of housekeeping standards;
- Ensures compliance with all Government agencies, including Smart Serve, AGCO, Ministry of Health and Ministry of Labour statutory requirements;
- Ensures the highest level of health and safety standards for all guests and team members;
- Document any group/guest complaints and forward to Director of Guest Services
- Manage and complete monthly Food & Beverage inventories;
- Attend weekly BEO and Department Head meetings;
- Complete weekly shift reviews with team members
- Complete weekly team member public recognition
- Document all disciplinary action, including conversations with team member
- Highest of service standards are achieved
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree or College Diploma in Hotel/Resort Management is an asset.
- Minimum of 2+ years of restaurant management experience, preferably in a resort or hotel environment/operation;
- Must be computer literate, with experience in Windows, Internet, Excel, Outlook and Silverware POS.
- Passionate and productive leadership skills;
- Strong organizational, supervisory and communication skills;
- Team player who fits into TABOO MUSKOKA corporate culture;
- Dynamic, energetic, creative and positive presence and problem solver;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Well organized with good cash handling skills;
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all team members.
- Indoors and outdoors in various climates
- Office environment – sitting/working at desk/computer
- 70% Constant standing and walking throughout shift.
- High paced
- Must be able to work flexible hours including, mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to stand throughout an 8-10 hour shift.
En : Intermédiaire
En : Intermédiaire
- Conciliation travail et vie personnelle Employees encouraged to use resort amenities when not in use by guests (largest beach in muskoka, nature trails, golf course, tennis courts, pools, canoes etc...)!
Conciliation travail et vie personnelle
Employees encouraged to use resort amenities when not in use by guests (largest beach in muskoka, nature trails, golf course, tennis courts, pools, canoes etc...)!
- Formation continue
- Horaire flexible
- Primes pour références d’employés
Primes pour références d’employés
- Programme de reconnaissance
Programme de reconnaissance
- Rabais employés
- Stationnement gratuit
- Uniforme fourni
Cet employeur souscrit au principe d'équité en emploi et applique un programme d'accès à l'égalité en emploi pour les femmes, les autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques et les personnes handicapées
D'autres offres de Taboo Muskoka Resort qui pourraient vous intéresser