Senior Data Scientist
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist who will support our product, sales, leadership, and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing company data. The Senior Data Scientist will report to the Director Data Science, a Ph.D. in physics with an extensive experience in machine learning, MLOps and parallel computing. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building, and implementing models, using/creating algorithms. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
Get Inspired by the Work You’ll Do
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Your passion is sparked by:
- Master or PhD in Physics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or another quantitative field coupled with a minimum of 3 - 5 years directly related experience
- Related experience includes designing and implementing enterprise level business applications or automated processes
- Technical expertise regarding machine learning modeling, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of SQL (Sybase/MySQL/or other) required
- Strong knowledge of Python required
- Working knowledge of Docker a plus
- Big Data experience - such as Vector, Vertica, or equivalent
- Demonstration of logical thinking, problem solving capability
- Demonstration of business application or process design experience at an enterprise level
- Solid business communication and document writing skills plus demonstrated good judgment in defining procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
What’s In It For You?
- Elective Benefits: Our programs are tailored to your country to best accommodate your lifestyle.
- Grow Your Career: Accelerate your path to success (and keep up with the future) with formal programs on leadership and professional development, and many more on-demand courses.
- Elevate Your Personal Well-Being: Boost your financial, physical, and mental well-being through seminars, events, and our global Life Empowerment Assistance Program.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: It’s not just a phrase to us; valuing every voice is how we succeed. Join us in celebrating our global diversity through inclusive education, meaningful peer-to-peer conversations, and equitable growth and development opportunities.
- Make the Most of our Global Organization: Network with other new co-workers within your first 30 days through our onboarding program.
- Connect with Your Community: Participate in internal, peer-led inclusive communities and activities, including business resource groups, local volunteering events, and more environmental and social initiatives.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Apply anyway.
At TD SYNNEX, we’re proud to be recognized as a great place to work and a leader in the promotion and practice of diversity, equity and inclusion. If you’re excited about working for our company and believe you’re a good fit for this role, we encourage you to apply. You may be exactly the person we’re looking for!