Boundary Trails Health Centre
Maternity/Parental Leave Term
7.75 hour shifts with on call rotation
Days / Evenings / Weekends
To be determined
Aug 8, 2023
Open until filled
The Registered Nurse (RN)/Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) (Home Care Services, Personal Care Home and/or Transitional Care) applies the nursing process to support clients/residents/patients in achieving and maintaining their optimum level of health within a people-centered approach in acute, transitional, personal care home (PCH), primary health care, public health- healthy living and/or home care. The RN/RPN works to full scope of practice engages in ongoing education and maintains competency congruent with Southern Health-Santé Sud policies, Professional Standards of Practice, College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba, College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba, Code of Ethics, and the Regulated Health Professions Act.
The incumbent will exercise the appropriate level of initiative and independent judgment in determining work priorities, work methods to be employed and action to be taken on unusual matters. The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values; and the policies of Southern Health-Santé Sud.Qualifications
- Current active registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba/College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses and the scope of practice as defined by the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (Acute, Transitional, PCH, Primary Health Care, Public Health-Healthy Living, Home Care Services)
- Completion of approved Operating Room nursing education
- Knowledge of Professional Standards of Practice, and Code of Ethics
- Demonstrated ability to foster a collaborative interdisciplinary environment that supports quality services, quality improvement and staff empowerment
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use an analytical and inquiring approach to problem-solving while contributing to program improvement
- Demonstrated ability to lead and make decisions autonomously
- Strong organizational skills and flexibility to meet the demands of the position
- Able to effectively perform the tasks and responsibilities of the position
- Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population is required
- Proficiency of both official languages is essential for target and designated bilingual positions
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job
- Demonstrated ability to respect confidentiality including paper, electronic formats and other mediums
- Good work and attendance record
Southern Health-Santé Sud, in partnership with the Indigenous community, is committed to increasing the representation of Indigenous people within all levels of our workforce. Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply and to voluntarily self identify as being of Indigenous descent in their cover letter/application.
Completes and maintains Satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
All Health Care Workers are required to be immunized as a condition of employment in accordance with Southern Health-Santé Sud policy.
Please include three work-related references with your job application from persons who are not related to you but have direct knowledge of your current and past work performance.
Consistent with the French Language Services Policy of the Government of Manitoba and Southern Health-Santé Sud’s FLS Policy, we are committed to offering services in English and French in designated program/service areas serving French-speaking communities within Southern Health-Santé Sud. If no candidates satisfy the bilingual qualification, candidates meeting all other qualifications may be considered for this position.