Menzies Medical Centre
Fee For Service
Two (2) Full Time Opportunities
Various hour shifts
Days / Evenings / Nights / Weekends
As soon as possible
Open until filled
Southern Health-Santé Sud and the Menzies Medical Centre (Morden) invite applications for an experienced General Pediatrician. This will be a rural practice for a distinctly unique General Pediatric program. Boundary Trails Health Centre is a community-based hospital which partners with local Medical Clinics to provide physician support services to the hospital and community.
Boundary Trails Health Centre is located between The City of Winkler and The City of Morden in beautiful Southern Manitoba. These two communities are growing and are rich with diversity, community support and local amenities which is ideal for families and professionals. We have a generous hospital Foundation which provides community interest and internal hospital support to meet the needs at Boundary Trails Health Centre. To learn more about our local communities please explore at www.mymorden.ca & www.cityofwinkler.ca.
This position is part of a regional team of family physicians and other specialists who have a team approach to covering hospital obligations. Responsibilities include (but not be restricted to) the following:
- Pediatric consultation via referrals from all practitioners within Southern Health-Santé Sud (physicians, nurse practitioners, etc.) and from across the province.
- Pediatric service within the clinic and hospital settings as appropriate.
- Admission and hospital care as required.
- Timely documentation and discharge summaries for patient files as outlined by Regional policy and Medical Staff By-Laws.
- Participating in local and regional education as it pertains to your area of expertise.
- Participating in regional guidelines and/or policies as it pertains to your area of expertise.
- 7. Participating in local, regional or provincial committees as they pertain to your area of expertise (ex. Standards, Pharmacy and Therapeutics, etc).
- Hold and maintain an approved license to practice as a Pediatrician from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba (CPSM) and comply with all the requirements of the College to maintain your license which may include (if you have received medical training outside of Canada), but not be restricted to, having a practice supervisor oversee your practice and allow audits of your practice;
- Uphold Standards established by the CPSM, provincial Standards as determined by the specialty and the Royal College of Physicians of Canada;
- Remain current through appropriate CPD (Continuing Professional Development);
- Maintain adequate CMPA coverage annually;
- Previous experience providing service in a rural community, and or a willingness to build a practice and live within the Region is required;
- Combinations of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population is required
- Proficiency of both official languages is essential for target and designated bilingual positions
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job
- Demonstrated ability to respect confidentiality including paper, electronic formats and other mediums
- Good work and attendance record
Southern Health-Santé Sud, in partnership with the Indigenous community, is committed to increasing the representation of Indigenous people within all levels of our workforce. Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply and to voluntarily self identify as being of Indigenous descent in their cover letter/application.
Completes and maintains Satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
All Health Care Workers are required to be immunized as a condition of employment in accordance with Southern Health-Santé Sud policy.
Please include three work-related references with your job application from persons who are not related to you but have direct knowledge of your current and past work performance.
Consistent with the French Language Services Policy of the Government of Manitoba and Southern Health-Santé Sud’s FLS Policy, we are committed to offering services in English and French in designated program/service areas serving French-speaking communities within Southern Health-Santé Sud. If no candidates satisfy the bilingual qualification, candidates meeting all other qualifications may be considered for this position.