Boundary Trails Health Centre
Up to 7.75 hour shifts
Days / Evenings / Weekends
To be determined
Open until filled
Under the direction of the Manager of Environmental Services, the Housekeeping Aide maintains assigned areas in a clean, sanitary, safe and orderly manner to ensure that the highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation is maintained. The incumbent also performs routine housekeeping tasks in all areas of the facility with the primary duties being general cleaning. The incumbent will exercise the appropriate level of initiative and independent judgment in determining work priorities, work methods to be employed and action to be taken on unusual matters. The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values; and the policies of Southern Health-Santé Sud.Qualifications
- Completed Grade 10 Education (Manitoba Standard)
- Other combination of education and experience may be considered
- Previous experience in industrial and/or commercial Housekeeping
- Demonstrated verbal comprehension and written command of the English language
- Demonstrated ability to handle chemicals and cleaning supplies as per Manufacturer’s directions and facility procedures
- Demonstrated basic computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with others
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve within the responsibilities of the position
- Demonstrated flexibility in adjusting to a changing environment
- Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures
- Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population is required
- Proficiency of both official languages is essential for target and designated bilingual positions
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job
- Demonstrated ability to respect confidentiality including paper, electronic formats and other mediums
- Good work and attendance record
Southern Health-Santé Sud, in partnership with the Indigenous community, is committed to increasing the representation of Indigenous people within all levels of our workforce. Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply and to voluntarily self identify as being of Indigenous descent in their cover letter/application.
Completes and maintains Satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
All Health Care Workers are required to be immunized as a condition of employment in accordance with Southern Health-Santé Sud policy.
Please include three work-related references with your job application from persons who are not related to you but have direct knowledge of your current and past work performance.
Consistent with the French Language Services Policy of the Government of Manitoba and Southern Health-Santé Sud’s FLS Policy, we are committed to offering services in English and French in designated program/service areas serving French-speaking communities within Southern Health-Santé Sud. If no candidates satisfy the bilingual qualification, candidates meeting all other qualifications may be considered for this position.