*Grade 12 education (MB Standards)
*Completion of a relevant leadership or supervision certificate based program or equivalent education
*Three (3) years relevant experience in Housekeeping and/or Laundry Services within the last five (5) years.
*Proficient in health care cleaning techniques
*Proficient in the use of various types of cleaning equipment and technology
*Province of Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License, or equivalent from province of residence, and access to a personal vehicle to provide service within Prairie Mountain Health
*Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), as well as Internet applications and other Information Technology
*Demonstrated leadership and managerial ability
*Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to work independently
*Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
*Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures in a changing environment
*Demonstrated knowledge and competence of skills and concepts related to the position
*Demonstrated communication skills
*Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
*Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
*Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
*Ability to work effectively and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, clients and within interdisciplinary team
The Supervisor Environmental Services, acting as a member of a multidisciplinary team, functions under the vision, mission, values and strategic priorities of Prairie Mountain Health. As point of first contact, the Supervisor Environmental Services plans, organizes, coordinates and evaluates the operation of the department related to Environmental Services at the facility level. These include participation in human resource management, fiscal management, information management, and environmental services management on a day to day basis. The Supervisor Environmental Services is responsible for personal professional development, and promotes ongoing staff development, and team building.
- Ensures the staff are scheduled on a daily basis in accordance with baseline budget and applicable overtime procedures.
- Assists in the effective and efficient provision of staff resources to meet department needs.
- Applies the appropriate Human Resources staffing procedures to ensure the department is adequately staffed and takes action to mitigate vacancies.
- Ensures the availability of competent and proficient staff necessary to provide and support the highest quality of work possible within existing resources.
- Assists in administering annual vacation procedures.
- Approves special vacation day requests, banked overtime requests and banked recognized holiday requests.
- Coordinates and organizes staff meetings as required.
- Provides reports, justifications and incident reports as required.
- Participates in the application of the Attendance Support and Assistance Program.
- Participates in the application of the performance appraisal process.
- Implements audits, related to the areas of responsibility and shares results with staff, Area Manager - Environmental Services/Manager - Environmental Services and other relevant stakeholders.
- Assists in the achievement and maintenance of standards in accordance with overall professional and facility/regional standards.
- In collaboration with the service team, identifies and recommends actions that will operationally improve the Environmental Services Department.
- Participates in the development and review of Environmental Services Department policies and procedures.
- Assists staff to maintain expertise as new methods and techniques are developed and introduced, as based on research findings.
- Ensures documentation is complete and is consistent with facility/regional policy.
- Reviews monthly financial reports, as required.
- In consultation with the Area Manager - Environmental Services/Manager - Environmental Services approves expenditures for the departments.
- With the assistance of staff, identifies departmental areas of unnecessary expenditure in supplies and services, participates in the development and implements methods to reduce and/or reallocate same.
- Ensures sufficient equipment for the department and makes recommendations for purchasing new and/or replacement equipment.
- Participates in the planning of renovations.
- Ensures appropriate security and use of supplies.
- Sundry duties as assigned.