*Grade 12 education (MB Standards)
*Suitable combination of education and experience working in an in-house facility, addictions related employment experience and/or volunteer work will be considered
* Possess a valid CPR-C with AED training and First Aid certificate
*Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), as well as Internet applications and other Information Technology
*Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to work independently
*Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
*Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures in a changing environment
*Demonstrated knowledge and competence of skills and concepts related to the position
*Demonstrated communication skills
*Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
*Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
*Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
*Ability to work effectively and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, clients and within interdisciplinary team
As part of multi-disciplinary team, the Residential Care Worker is required to provide services to adult clients engaged in addiction treatment. This position requires a commitment to a client-centered philosophy and approach to the development, provision and support of programs and services.
- Provides support and be present where clients are.
- Responds warmly, politely and helpfully to everyone, including all visitors to the building.
- Responds appropriately to emergency crisis situations, modelling to clients how this is done in a positive way.
- Conducts facility orientations
- Facilitates educational sessions and client house meetings.
- Performs light housekeeping/maintenance.
- Performs building security duties.
- Coordinatea and distributea client and program supplies.
- Copies program materials.
- Responds to telephone calls.
- Documents according to role requirements.
- Communicates respectfully and positively with clients and staff and presents self in an approachable and friendly manner.
- Demonstrates a genuine enthusiasm for client-centred care and demonstrates empathy and compassion.
- Exhibits the ability to respond to client requests and crises in a responsible, timely and flexible manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to balance the needs of clients, other staff persons and those of the organization.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for ongoing professional development activities and engages in reciprocal learning experiences with colleagues and supervisors.
- Recognizes the importance of regular individual and team supervision meetings.
- Demonstrates active listening abilities, is coachable and responds positively to supervision.
- Works collaboratively in the context of a provincial organization, with numerous colleagues, to ensure a consistent approach.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to personal and professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Appropriately manages own emotions and strong feelings; maintain a calm and tactful composure under a broad range of challenging circumstances; think clearly and stay focused under pressure.
- Other duties as assigned.