* Grade 12 Education (Manitoba Standards)
* Enrollment in a recognized therapeutic recreation/activity program is an asset
* Province of Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License
* Current Food Handler Training Certificate Level 1 or willing to obtain within six (6) months
* Experience working with the elderly, physically and/or cognitively disabled
* Minimum two (2) years recent relevant experience working directly with clients in a health care environment
* Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), as well as Internet applications and other Information Technology
* Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to work independently
* Demonstrated communication skills
* Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures
* Ability to display independent judgment
* Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
* Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
* Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
The recreation staff provide recreation programs focused on promoting the physical and mental health and wellness of the clients within the sites of Prairie Mountain Health. The recreation workers work collaboratively and independently to provide services to the clients in partnership with clients, families and interdisciplinary team members in alignments with PMH vision, mission and values.
- Plan, organize and implement activity & recreation programs for clients and participants.
- Utilize the regional assessment tools for initial and ongoing assessment of clients.
- Develop and document individualized plan based on assessments.
- Analyze, interpret and document results of assessments.
- Communicate information with interdisciplinary team members regarding client progress and revise care plan as required.
- Develop and implement creative activities for individuals and groups based on resident interests, needs and wishes.
- Engage with and work with external partners as appropriate for the development of activities/recreational events.
- Ensure that the activity/recreational events that clients participate in are client focused related to the physical and mental wellbeing of the client.
- Ensure that the diagnosed or medical restrictions are followed during the activity/recreational event.
- Participate in the development of the monthly recreation/activity calendar.
- Estimate, obtain and adapt space, equipment and supplies necessary to conduct scheduled activities.
- Attend and participate in the multi-disciplinary care conferences.
- Complete appropriate records/documentation including statistics as required.
- Other duties as assigned.