Ce recruteur est en ligne!
Voilà ta chance d'être vu en premier!Postuler maintenant
* Grade 12 education (MB Standards) or equivalent GED certificate
* Completion of a recognized Medical Device Sterile Supply Processing course or a current Medical Device Technician Certificate
* One (1) year full time equivalent experience in a Medical Device Reprocessing Department within the last three (3) years
* Other combinations of suitable education and experience may be considered
* Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), as well as Internet applications and other Information Technology
* Province of Manitoba Class 5 Drivers Licence, and access to a personal vehicle to provide service within Prairie Mountain Health
* Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to work independently
* Demonstrated communication skills
* Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures
* Ability to display independent judgment
* Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
* Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
* Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
To support the established vision and values of Prairie Mountain Health, the Medical Device Reprocessing Technician II performs a series of detailed technical duties related to the decontamination, sterilization, reassembly, functional testing, record keeping and the distribution of medical and/or surgical supplies to various areas of the region.
In accordance with the principles of infection control, decontamination, sterilization and aseptic technique and established policies, procedures and safety standards:
- Receives, sorts, disassembles, cleans, decontaminates, sterilizes, assembles, wraps and reassembles all trays, medical devices, carts, supplies and equipment related to the operating room (O.R.) and/or other areas of the region.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on medical devices, equipment and supplies. Identifies damaged or malfunctioning medical devices, equipment and supplies. Reports, records, initiates and follows up on repairs to faulty medical devices, equipment and supplies as required.
- Loads and operates sterilizing equipment. Monitors sterilizing equipment operation and performs standard quality assurance tests on effectiveness of the sterilizing process in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Stores and rotates sterilized items.
- Monitors and maintains established levels of sterile and non-sterile supplies used throughout the health care setting in accordance with ward and department requirements by performing duties such as performing inventory counts, requisitioning supplies and equipment, reporting and recording shortages, problems and complaints related to medical devices, supplies and equipment etc., maintains records on medical devices, supplies and equipment processed and requisitioned in accordance with established procedures.
- Receives, fills and delivers urgent and routine requests for medical device, supplies and equipment for the O.R. and/or other patient care areas as assigned per site.
- Prints pick lists using a computerized system. Picks and distributes medical device sets, equipment and supplies for medical and/or surgical procedures for carious patient care procedures/areas as assigned per site.
- Replenishes procedure and specialty supply carts for various patient care areas on a regularly scheduled basis in accordance with established policies and procedures as assigned per site.
- Performs routine cleaning/sanitation of work stations/areas, storage areas, processing machines and equipment.
- Performs related clerical duties such as maintaining records, answering telephones and information retrieval from the computer as assigned per site.
- Assists with orientation and training of new staff and students.
- Performs and records environmental safety monitoring activities.
- Participates in evaluation and trial of medical devices, equipment and supplies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
D'autres offres de Prairie Mountain Health qui pourraient t'intéresser