* Active practicing licensure with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba (CLPNM), or eligible for active practicing licensure with the (CLPNM)
* Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Training as delineated in Prairie Mountain Health Policy PPG-00002 CPR Training
* Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work independently
* Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
* Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures in a changing environment
* Demonstrated knowledge and competence of skills and concepts related to the position
* Demonstrated communication skills
* Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
* Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
* Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
* Ability to work effectively and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, clients and within interdisciplinary team
* Satisfactory employment record required
Consistent with the vision, mission and values of the Prairie Mountain Health sites, and affiliate sites, the Licensed Practical Nurse provides comprehensive nursing care to patients/residents/clients in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures. Licensed Practical Nurses recognize and fulfill their Professional responsibilities by practicing within the scope of practice of the Licensed Practical Nurses Act, the approved College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba (CLPNM) Scope of Practice and Entry-Level Competencies, provincial and federal legislation and within the guidelines of professional ethics.
- The LPN is required to practice in accordance with the following to their level of scope of practice, expertise, training and experience.
- The Licensed Practical Nurses Act of Manitoba
- The CLPNM Standards of Practice
- The CLPNM Code of Ethics
- The Scope of Practice Entry Level Competencies
- Obtain and maintains the relevant competencies for the position as offered by PMH.
- Other duties as assigned.