Ce recruteur est en ligne!
Voilà ta chance d'être vu en premier!Postuler
Click here to apply as an internal applicant.
Req ID: 28530
Location: Eastern Zone, St. Martha's Regional Hospital
Department: 3003535 PERI MDR Central Service SMRH
Type of Employment: Casual Casual Relief (3% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Union Status: Healthcare Bargaining Unit - CUPE
Posting Closing Date: 12-May-19
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Reporting to the MDR Supervisor, the MDR Technician identifies, disassembles, decontaminates, inspects, assembles, processes and distributes reuseable supplies to the nursing units, clinics and departments. The MDR Technician is responsible for providing sterile equipment and supplies to the Surgical Suite, and is responsible for the reprocessing of flexible scopes within the Endoscopy and OR Departments. Other job related duties required.
- Grade 12
- Completion of the Purdue University Medical Device Reprocessing Association of Ontario (MDRAO), or equivalent
- Certification with the International Association of Central Service Materiel Management, or a commitment to obtain Certification within two years
- One (1) year experience in Central Service
- Knowledge of infection control principles and the sterilization process
- Ability to work with delicate instruments and to operate large equipment
- Ability to communicate well with all user departments and work effectively as a team member
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment where multi-tasking is essential
- Ability to prioritize
- Demonstrate accountability, strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate good problem solving and decision making
- Demonstrated physical ability to meet the demands of the position:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time assembling instruments, utensils and sets of instruments
- Ability to withstand heavy instrument sets and to push/pull carts to and from units
- Tolerance to pre-enzymes, detergents, disinfectants and stain removers in the decontamination process
- Good attendance and work record
- The successful applicant will have a commitment to the mission and values of St. Martha’s Regional Hospital
- Successful applicants are required to provide a criminal record check, vulnerable sector check and child abuse registry check before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
* Where there are no applicants who have completed the Medical Device Reprocessing Technician Program, consideration for a Medical Device Reprocessing Technician in Training may be given to applicants who commit to completing this program at their own expense within the first 14 months of employment (must submit proof of course enrollment within six weeks of being hired into the Medical Device Reprocessing Technician in Training position).
Hours of Work
Casual relief position
$19.9267 - $22.5734 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
- Criminal Record Check
- Proof of education & training certifications
- Proof of any additional required qualification
- Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
- Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above.
This is a Healthcare bargaining unit - CUPE position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/
D'autres offres de Nova Scotia Health Authority qui pourraient vous intéresser