The Shipper/Receiver works in the production/packaging departments and is responsible for transportation of goods within the premises and coordinate shipping out of all products in accordance with standard operating procedures. This person has direct impact on the efficiency of our operation and contributes daily to the quality of our products
• Engage in all shipping and receiving activities
• Operate all power truck equipment, such as stacker, forklift, and counter balance; reach trucks and walkie/rider.
• Assist in inventory taking, computer entering for shipping/receiving & inventory and staging materials for production.
• Complete weight checks.
• Transport all spices to and from the production floor and storage as required
• Maintain housekeeping of raw cooler, freezer and spice room.
• Maintain a clean and tidy Pallet storage area(s).
• Complete physical inventories of raw and finished goods
• Manage own work sequence.
• Complete required documentation accurately and neatly.
• Maintain a clean work area.
• Follow standard operating procedures.
• Perform duties in accordance with all regulatory bodies.
• Adhere to all food safety, health & safety, HACCP, WHMIS and good manufacturing practices guidelines and applicable statues and procedures.
• Commitment to Maple Leaf Foods Safety Promise.
• Contributes to a healthy work environment, while maintaining high food safety and health and safety standards
• Takes action to correct any issues and to make improvements
• Maintains productivity that meets/exceeds standards
• Contributes to the team and the whole facility in a positive way
• Other responsibilities as required
• Experience with computers, paperwork accuracy, and SAP
• Successfully pass in house power truck theoretical and practical training and tests
• Successfully acquire required government licenses as deemed necessary
• Good communication skills, able to speak and read English
• Physically fit to perform required tasks including heaving lifting greater than 25kgs
• Ability to follow directions and work as a team player
• Must be willing and flexible to work shifts as scheduled
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITY & EXPERIENCE:
• Able to work in a fast-paced work environment with repetitive tasks
• Able to stand and walk throughout the shift
• Able to perform repetitive lifting and shovelling
• Can work well in a team environment and support fellow team member
• Punctual, reliable and responsible
You must be legally eligible to work and currently residing in Canada.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of work. We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.