- Salary: Starting rate is $16.20 with ability to earn up to $17.92
- Afternoon shift premiums available
- Progression wage increases
- All PPE is provided to employees (hard hat, boots, jacket, etc.)
- Support of a union
- Highly automated and fast paced learning environment
- Opportunities for growth and training development
GENERAL LABOURER: The General Labour part-time position is responsible for performing packaging, clean-up and other elemental activities related to food processing.
- Work on the production line to process pork products
- Check and weigh materials and/or product
- Transfer, seal, manually labels and pack product into bags, cartons or other containers
- Removes finished goods packages from conveyer and place on pallets
- Check products and packaging for basic quality defects
- Remove quality defects from product
- Move and lift skids, tanks and combos
- Full Time.
- Approximate shift times are:
- 7:00am -3:30pm
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to the commencement of employment. We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.