Genetic Counsellor - Genetic Counselling Clinic
Permanent Part Time
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, the Genetic Counsellor provides supportive genetics services to a diverse multicultural population. The successful candidate will be responsible for genetic assessment, counselling and support of patients, diagnostic work up where appropriate, documentation and follow up. This position will include prenatal and clinical genetics to help families understand the significance of genetic disorders in the context of cultural, personal, and familial situations. Including gathering and analyzing family history and inheritance patterns, calculate risks of recurrence, and providing information about genetic testing and related procedures. This role will serve on committees as requested and act as a central resource of information about genetic disorders for other health care professionals, patients, and the general public.
What must you have?
- Board certified or Board eligible with Canadian Association of Genetic Counsellors.
What else do you bring?
- Ability to Interpret and implement hospital and departmental policies, programs and procedures as required.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others and demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health - Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- One year recent genetic counseling experience (prenatal and general) preferred.
* You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
* FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Mackenzie Health's Occupational Health and Safety department
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.