At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. essionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
Our Real Estate Corporate Tax practice works closely with clients to help minimize federal and provincial corporate income taxes. We provide assistance in ensuring our clients are compliant with their income tax filing obligations and we are also pro-active in identifying and implementing income tax saving opportunities that help improve and make our clients’ businesses better. Through tailored tax planning advice, our tax teams help clients gain a competitive advantage.
What you will do
- Prepare working paper files and income tax returns for personal and corporate clients.
- Ensure follow-up on Notice of Assessments.
- Communicate with the CRA on various tax matters.
- Perform tax research.
- Work with Managers, Senior Managers, and Partners on client engagements where you will have the opportunity to develop and assist with tax planning strategies for our clients.
- Responsible for maintaining client files to ensure accurate and timely completion of returns and schedules.
What you bring to the role
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a public accounting firm.
- Successfully passed the CFE, and has obtained a CPA designation.
- Currently enrolled or willing to enroll in the In-Depth Tax program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- Strong time-management abilities and self-motivation.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Is keen to assist in the development and implementation of tax planning strategies for various clients.
- Willingly takes on and learns new skills by researching a wide variety of tax issues.
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships.
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.