You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
Our People & Change team in Ottawa is looking for a motivated and high-performing Manager to deliver client engagements across a range of industries. People & Change consulting is a fast-growing business. We offer high-performing professionals a clear career path with opportunities for advancement.
Our people gain mentorship, knowledge and experience in diverse domains of human capital, such as Future of Work, Inclusion and Diversity, Digital HR Operations, and others, applied in a range of workplace environments and business contexts.
Over time, our team members gradually specialize in a specific service offering and/or client industry, becoming “go-to” people for certain topics.
The culture of our team is collegial, inclusive and supportive. We are a tight-knit group, working together across local and national lines.
What you will do
- Manage consulting teams in the delivery of client engagements, including planning and coordinating the day-to-day work of the team, facilitating client interviews and focus groups at all organizational levels, structuring and co-developing deliverables, controlling for quality and presenting work to clients
- Support business development by co-developing and co-presenting client proposals and thought leadership (e.g. presentations, white papers, educational sessions), maintaining relationships with prospective and past clients as well as with alliance partners, and developing engagement delivery plans, effort estimates and cost estimates
- Manage client engagement administration including contract development, monitoring of time and expenses, invoicing, risk management and compliance
- Help to keep our delivery methodology up to date, create a culture of continuous learning for the team and clients, and actively coach and mentor team members to help them reach their highest potential
- Markers of career progression in this role include: increasing size and complexity of client engagements; being seen as a leader and trusted advisor by clients; increasing leadership of business development activities; and development of team members to be more productive and autonomous.
What you bring to the role
- Consulting experience in areas such as operational change, technology adoption, talent / organizational development, project management
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships by being credible and reliable, and exhibiting integrity and low self-interest
- Strong verbal communication and group facilitation skills at all levels from front-line staff to executives, with confidence and flexibility of approach to suit the audience
- Strong written skills for an executive-level audience, e.g. structuring and articulating complex messages and recommendations concisely and clearly in proposals, reports and presentations
- Quantitative analysis skills to derive insights from quantitative data
- Ability to quickly adapt thinking and approach to client assignments, in the face of ambiguity and rapid changes in the client’s and team’s understanding of the issues
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Master’s Degree and two to three years’ experience in management consulting
- Or Bachelor’s Degree and four to six years’ experience in management consulting
- Consulting experience should be ideally focused on human capital / people & change related mandates, and/or operational change and technology adoption
- Prior work experience in Human Resources, or professional HR certification, are assets but not required
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.