- Salaire À discuter
- Publié le 7 mai 2022
- Ajouter aux favoris
Dès que possible
Ce recruteur est en ligne!
Voilà ta chance d'être vu en premier!Postuler maintenant
Therapist, Mental Health & Addiction
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As a Therapist, Mental Health & Addiction, you will be an integral part of a collaborative, inter-disciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. You'll provide a combination of treatment planning, clinical case coordination and direct service through both individual and group work for individuals struggling with complex mental health and/or addictions. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
Hours of work: Master schedule with evenings and weekends per schedule
What you'll be doing
• Coordinate, initiate and may conduct assessments to help guide treatment planning
• Provide case management services including service planning, coordination, navigation, and evaluation of progress
• Provide individual and group psychotherapy utilizing evidence-informed practices including Motivational Interviewing, Stage-Matched Intervention, Trauma-Informed approaches, Brief Solution-focused Therapy, CBT and DBT informed approaches, including CPT and other evidence-based practices where applicable
• Offer individual and group support to family members and lead group counseling and education sessions.
• Work in close collaboration with the Physicians and clinical team to monitor the patient experience through ongoing meetings to review progress, create and adjust treatment plans, and liaise with referral sources
• Take responsibility to develop and implement discharge planning and referral to appropriate community resources
• Identification of discharge needs based on the comprehensive patient assessment and care plan
• Provide service and team leadership by establishing treatment goals and working with the patient and other team members to develop action steps to meet these goals
• Lead team monitoring and evaluation of progress on the treatment plan
• Act as a communication lead among the patient, the team and program, internal and external ensuring communication of a critical nature takes place
• Complete documentation and record-keeping as per Homewood Health Centre and governing College policies
What we're looking for
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a recognized Social Science program with addiction specific education
• Must be a member in good standing with the relevant regulatory college/governing body in Ontario or in pursuit of relevant credential, OCSWSSW, COTO, CNO, or registration as a Registered Psychotherapist (RP) with the College of Registered Psychotherapists
• 2+ years’ experience treating trauma and/or addiction
• Competent in the provision of CBT, DBT and other evidence based approaches for the treatment of complex mental health conditions and substance use disorder
• Demonstrated skills and experience in assessment and treatment, using evidence-based practice
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to facilitate and lead an interdisciplinary team, orchestrating team resources
• Individual and group counselling skills including the ability to present psycho-education to large groups
• Capacity to deliver inclusive and culturally responsive approaches
• Knowledge of addictions and concurrent issues along a continuum of care
• Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to own vehicle where required
• Knowledge of the Mental Health Act, PHIPA, Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, Health Care Consent Act
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Homewood Health Centre requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!As an equal opportunity employer, Homewood Health is committed to employment accessibility, diversity, equity and inclusion. For this reason, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups including women, racialized and indigenous communities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Homewood Health Inc. is committed to ensuring that its teams reflect the diversity of our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role. Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.