Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As a Registered Nurse, you will be an integral part of a collaborative, inter-disciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
What you'll be doing
• Provide nursing care to patients with addictions and/or a variety of mental health diagnoses
• Contribute to fluctuating patient care needs according to CNO standards, RNAO Best Practice Guidelines, specific program philosophy and diversified patient populations
• Administer psychiatric and non-psychiatric medications and treatments
• Ensure necessary clinical assessments are initiated following admission and at various other times
• Engage with interdisciplinary teams and individual team members as appropriate
• Act as a preceptor, mentor, coach, or resource nurse as appropriate
• Participate in clinical discussions, team meetings, and patient/family conferences
• Accept changing work assignments across the Health Centre as required and directed by supervisor and/or delegate
What we're looking for
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse with the CNO, in good standing
• BScN preferred
• CPMHN (C) would be an asset
• Experience working with patients who have a broad range of addiction and psychiatric diagnoses preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills and respectful communication style with patients, families and staff
• Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act, and community mental health resources
• BCLS Level C for Healthcare Providers or equivalent
• Experience with group facilitation
• Sound clinical judgment based on current best practices, and patient centered care
• Applied understanding of the Stages of Change Model, Mental Status Exam, and Crisis management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Computer proficiency with Word, Outlook
• Flexibility with respect to work schedule
• The following would be assets:
o Knowledge of CBT/DBT
o Understanding of the addicted patient population, treatment methodologies, and medications
o Previous training in boundaries and suicide awareness
o Experience with any eMR
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Homewood Health Centre requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.