Ce recruteur est en ligne!
Voilà ta chance d'être vu en premier!Postuler maintenant
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As a Registered Nurse, you will be an integral part of a collaborative, inter-disciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
Internal applications for positions within a bargaining unit must be received within 7 days of this position being posted to have seniority considered.
This position is temporary part-time, until approximately September 2021.
What you'll be doing
• Provide nursing care on units across Homewood Specialized Services as required
• Contribute to fluctuating patient care needs according to CNO standards, RNAO Best Practice Guidelines, specific program philosophy and diversified patient populations
• Assume Charge Nurse responsibilities as assigned, and direct the work of others
• Receive patient assignments and follow care plans accordingly
• Administer psychiatric and non-psychiatric medications and treatments
• Ensure necessary clinical assessments are initiated following admission and at various other times, eg. Mental Status Exam
• Engage with interdisciplinary teams and individual team members as appropriate
• Act as a preceptor, mentor, coach, or resource nurse as appropriate
• Participate in clinical discussions, team meetings, and patient/family conferences
• Facilitate groups
• Accept changing work assignments across Homewood Specialized Services as required and directed by supervisor and/or delegate
What we're looking for
• Licensed as an RN with the College of Nurses of Ontario, in good standing
• BScN and CPMHN(C) preferred
• 2 + years recent experience working with patients with a substance use disorder is preferred
• Mental Health Nursing certificate preferred
• 1 year in Charge Nurse role preferred
• CPR/Basic rescuer
• Knowledge of the Mental Health Act (MHA), and community mental health resources
• Knowledge of documentation standards (CNO), and privacy legislation (PHIPPA)
• Knowledge of CBT/DBT and CPT is an asset
• Experience with group facilitation is an asset
• Skilled in the treatment of psychiatric disorders, including PTSD, suicide prevention, and the management of aggressive behaviour
• Current knowledge and experience specific to emergency mental health and crisis intervention
• Proven excellence in communication, problem solving, conflict resolution and organizational skills
• Proven ability and skill in working independently and as a part of an innovative interdisciplinary team
• Ability to prioritize and function effectively in a demanding and challenging environment
• Proven ability to assume leadership
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
Homewood Health Inc. is committed to ensuring that its teams reflect the diversity of our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.
D'autres offres de Homewood Health qui pourraient t'intéresser