Ce recruteur est en ligne!
Voilà ta chance d'être vu en premier!Postuler maintenant
We're Growing! We are a non-profit Agency providing housing and support to people who have experienced chronic homelessness. We are currently seeking Weekend Relief Community Housing Workers for several sites. Weekend Relief Community Housing Workers work every other weekend, earning between $21.14 and $25.57 per hour plus 7% in lieu of benefits. Relief Community Shelter Workers on Weekend Contracts are also able to pick up additional shifts throughout the week, if they choose to do so.
Mission Statement: Homes First Society develops and provides affordable, stable housing and support services to break the cycle of homelessness for people with the fewest housing options.
- Provide support to tenants living in our housing or hostels who face challenges including poverty, mental health, addictions, abuse and social isolation.
- Provide support in the areas of basic life management skills, accessing resources for health and well-being, assertive communication, goal setting, giving and receiving feedback, self-esteem, conflict resolution, problem solving and managing change.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people with hoarding behaviours and who have mental health and addiction issues.
- Use case management as a tool to support residents in meeting their goals
- Apply knowledge of group processes and dynamics
- Apply knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act
- Use excellent organizational and time management skills
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Fully participate in the day-to-day operations of the facility.
- Post secondary education in related field or equivalent in education and experience.
- Previous experience working with people who are homeless and/or under-housed.
- Knowledge of relevant laws, standards and guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of our tenant population, diversity issues, anti-discrimination practices and systemic reasons for homelessness.
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution and organization skills.
- Certificates in First Aid, CPR, Crisis Prevention and Intervention an asset.
Submit Resume to:
Homes First Society via email: email@example.com
When applying, please quote RWE21. Please no phone calls.
Working in an environment where there may be smoke is required.
The successful applicant must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to Homes First Society Homes First Society is an equal opportunity employer
Cet employeur souscrit au principe d'équité en emploi et applique un programme d'accès à l'égalité en emploi pour les femmes, les autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques et les personnes handicapées
En : Avancé
En : Avancé
No. référence interne RWE21
D'autres offres de Homes First qui pourraient t'intéresser