Ce recruteur est en ligne!
Voilà ta chance d'être vu en premier!Postuler maintenant
Mission Statement: Homes First Society develops and provides affordable, stable housing and support services to break the cycle of homelessness for people with the fewest housing options.
APPLICANTS MUST QUOTE “PCH21”
This position minimizes and eliminates bedbug/pest infestations and hoarding issues; keeping current on technologies and procedures; ensuring adherence to the mission statement, policies, and procedures of Homes First Society.
- Knowledge of best practices for bed bug, pest and hoarding issues
- Knowledge of group processes and dynamics
- Demonstrated interpersonal and team work skills; ability to maintain co-operative working relationships with Shelter and Housing co-workers and interact positively with the tenant population who have experienced homelessness, mental health and addiction problems
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Self-motivated with the ability to problem solve individually and as part of a team/group
- Demonstrated organizational, time management, and administration skills
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, in languages other than English an asset
- Working with other staff, Property Supervisor and tenants to prepare for bed bug/pest removal and/or assist in hoarding clean-up and housing issues stemming from hoarding
- Maintain bed bug/pest control tools and equipment in good condition
- Must be able to lift 25 kilograms
- Post-secondary education or equivalent
- several years’ experience working with people who are homeless, under-housed and who are hard to house
- knowledge of tenant population, diversity issues, anti-discrimination practices and systemic reasons for homelessness
- experience with RTA
- excellent interpersonal skills
- knowledge of relevant laws, standards and guidelines
- knowledge of resources and services available in the community
- excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution and organization skills
- certificates in First Aid, CPR, Crisis Prevention and Intervention an asset
** Note that the above job requirements are not exhaustive. Other duties may be assigned from time to time as required.
Working in an environment where there may be smoke is required.
The successful applicant must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to Homes First Society
Homes First Society is an equal opportunity employer
Cet employeur souscrit au principe d'équité en emploi et applique un programme d'accès à l'égalité en emploi pour les femmes, les autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques et les personnes handicapées
En : Avancé
En : Avancé
No. référence interne PCH21
D'autres offres de Homes First qui pourraient t'intéresser