Ce recruteur est en ligne!
Voilà ta chance d'être vu en premier!Postuler maintenant
Intensive Case Management Workers
This position support tenants in their housing by providing wrap around case management supports to assist clients to maintain their housing, as well as optimal health and mental health stability, while adhering to the mission statement and policies and procedures of Homes First Society.
APPLICANTS MUST QUOTE “ICM21”
Mission Statement: Homes First Society develops and provides affordable, stable housing and support services to break the cycle of homelessness for people with the fewest housing options.
- Provide wrap around case management supports to stabilize housing.
- Ensure that data collected during intake is shared with co-workers in your group to assist in determining the clients’ needs and developing a plan of action with the clients.
- Complete and utilize assessment tools for the clients.
- Develop, implement and monitor an individual case management plan and crisis plan for each client with other Intensive Case Management workers in your team.
- Respond to conflicts, utilizing crisis intervention and prevention when required.
- Develop relationships with clients to provide supports and housing stabilization.
- Accompany clients to appointments based on their individual case management plans.
- Work with other Intensive Case Management Workers to develop and provide referrals for specialized supports to clients based on client’s goals, needs and choices.
- Within your team, regularly visit clients and update the assessment of support and stabilization needed.
- The team will be able to facilitate connections to primary health care physicians and nurse practitioners to help clients benefit from medical care.
- In your team, explore employment opportunities with clients.
- In your team, work with clients in regards to maintaining living spaces in order to prevent unstable relationships with their neighbours and landlords (i.e., hoarding issues or pest control issues).
- The team will ensure that income documentation is collected from clients on time.
- Calculate the rent according to RGI guidelines.
- The team will design, schedule and participate with onsite and community events to ensure client’s involvement.
- The team will be familiar with Canada Revenue Agency processes in order to assist clients in applying for Canada Pension Plan, Old Age Security and/or Guaranteed Income Supplement.
- The team will be able to council clients and connect individuals to psychiatrists for proper assessments, evaluation and therapy.
- Minimum three years’ experience in related post- secondary education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to compile data and prepare statistical reports.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize case management software systems.
- Highly development case management skills.
- Experience with conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to connect clients to Ontario Works, Office of the Ontario Public Guardian and Trusteeship, Ontario Disability Support Program, and the process for accessing The Housing Stabilization Fund.
- Knowledge of mental health and addiction issues and several years’ experience working with clients with these issues.
- Experience with individuals who lack primary health care and/or struggle to maintain medication regiments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of services in the community such as life skills programs, CCAC and programs that run “extreme clean” services.
- Knowledge of food access programs.
- Expertise in Residential Tenancy Act legislation and proven abilities working within the Landlord and Tenant Board system, including forms and full comprehension around the different processes, hearings, and specific familiarity with Section 83, as well as working with Duty Counsel and developing successful mediation agreements.
- Demonstrated experience with harm reduction approaches and knowledge of necessary information and referrals to allow individuals the option to adopt some of the approaches into their daily lives.
- Expertise in navigating the criminal justice system on all levels; court appearances, probation sentences, community legal clinics, and police departments.
- Highly developed understanding of and ability to communication appropriate professional boundaries.
- Knowledge of group processes/dynamics.
- Demonstrated ability in Microsoft Office.
- Certificates in First Aid, CPR, Crisis Prevention and Intervention an asset.
- Ability to work evenings.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the homeless population, diversity issues, anti-discrimination practices and systemic reasons for homelessness.
- Able to lift 20 pounds.
Working in an environment where there may be smoke is required.
The successful applicant must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to Homes First Society.
Homes First is an equal opportunity employer.
Cet employeur souscrit au principe d'équité en emploi et applique un programme d'accès à l'égalité en emploi pour les femmes, les autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques et les personnes handicapées
En : Avancé
En : Avancé
No. référence interne ICM21
D'autres offres de Homes First qui pourraient t'intéresser