Ce recruteur est en ligne!
Voilà ta chance d'être vu en premier!Postuler maintenant
There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.Job Description
The Intermediate Software Engineer is a key member of the team, contributing to the ideation and development of ADAS control modules. You will be working to record and analyze data from multiple controllers and sensors including LiDARs, radars, cameras, coming up with solutions for vehicles today and tomorrow. You will be responsible to develop, implement, and test software that are core to Autonomous systems. Join our team and let’s create the future of autonomous vehicles together!
- Own and develop software solutions as part of a larger team; leading and participating in feature development, maintenance of existing features, and bug fixes
- Collaborate with Controls Engineers in architecting requirements, and supporting design reviews to create C, and/or C++ code
- Lead and participate in code, and low-level test case reviews
- Conduct software verification (unit testing, simulation, and in-vehicle as needed)
- Provide clear and complete documentation per the software development process
- Collaborate with team members through Scrum/Agile
- Take ownership of each project, make design and implementation decisions autonomously, and mentor junior members
- Be an integral part of a new and energetic team
- Average travel requirements of 2-3 weeks a year, including travel to the US
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years industry experience designing and developing in C and/or C++
- Development knowledge in another language (e.g. Python/Matlab)
- Experience in object-oriented software development, algorithms, and data structures
- Experience working with large code bases, developing entirely new code, and maintaining existing code
- Experience providing technical guidance to team members
- Ability to investigate issues based on limited information. Demonstrated high level of ability to resolve complex problems
- Creative, disciplined, strong sense of responsibility, delivery, and schedule commitment
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be legally allowed to work in Canada and be able to travel to the US
- Must have a valid Canadian driver’s license
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Understanding of major automotive vehicle systems such as Advanced Driver-Assistance (ADAS), Motion Control, Automotive Network, and Powertrain
- Exposure to Automotive Platforms (Ethernet/CAN/LIN, AUTOSAR)
- Exposure to sensors - cameras, radars, LiDARs
- Experience with SAFe methodologies
- Interest in Data Analytics, Tools and Databases (e.g. Machine Learning, HUE, Jupyter, PowerBI, Hadoop/SQL/NoSQL)
Minimum Education Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mechatronics, Software, Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Advanced degrees preferred
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Énoncé sur l'égalité des chances en matière d'emploi
Des mesures d'adaptation peuvent être prises pour les candidats handicapés. Si un responsable de General Motors Canada communique avec vous, veuillez l'informer si vous souhaitez que des mesures d'adaptation soient prises. General Motors of Canada accueille la diversité et est un employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi.
D'autres offres de General Motors Canada qui pourraient t'intéresser