An Electrician Journeyperson is an ambitious and dedicated worker who is responsible for layout, installation, repair and preventative maintenance of complicated electrical equipment and circuits. They are also troubleshooting electrical malfunctions with plant equipment and should have technical expertise on control systems.Additional Job Description
GM Canada, you will find go-getters, people that dream big and go the extra mile to uncover the next ground breaking idea. From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants, developing new vehicles and self-driving technologies, and creating new marketing programs - we are determined to change the future of mobility.
We are looking for individuals who are striving to make a difference and who want to join one of the world’s most iconic companies. With over 100 years of rich history in Canada, help us redefine what the next 100 years should look like. Innovation Lives Here - and so should you!
We are looking for experienced Electricians to join our GM Oshawa Facility.
· Safely troubleshoot various automotive stamping and production equipment
· Troubleshoot VFD, Servomotors and Network Communication devices
· Maintain and routinely monitor all mechanical and electrical equipment (preventative and predictive maintenance)
· Repair, troubleshoot and install machinery, control systems and automation
Who We Are Looking For:
· High School education with valid Electrician License (309A or 442A)
· Basic Computer Skills
· 2-3 Years’ experience in a Manufacturing/Automotive environment
· Robotics, PLC and HMI Experience preferred
· Dual ticket a definite asset
· Straight Midnight shift (Mandatory)
· Ability to work scheduled overtime as required
· Successful candidates will be required to attest to, and be prepared to
provide proof of, their vaccination status and that any job offer will be
conditional on the candidate being fully vaccinated
What Else You Need To Know:
- We are a Unifor-represented workplace
What’s in it for you at GM ?
- Relocation Allowance
- Starting at a full rate of $43.31
- Next general base wage increase of 2.5% is scheduled for September 2022
- Plus you will earn a night shift premium of 10%, paid overtime and an annual bonus in accordance with the collective agreement
Benefits & Perks:
- Wide range of Health Care Benefits - subject to waiting period eligibility
- Group Life & Disability Insurance Programs
- Competitive Defined Contribution Pension with contribution matching + extra voluntary contribution and matching
Voluntary Savings Plan
- Vacation: 4% vacation pay in first year plus an average of 16 paid holidays/year, including days between Christmas and New Year; vacation entitlement also generally increases each year in accordance with the collective agreement up to a maximum of 188 hours and 52 hours of Paid Absence Allowance Credit - after 20 years
- Supplemental Unemployment Benefits - after 3 years
- GM Employee Vehicle Purchase Discount Program
- $150 safety footwear voucher
- Company-provided toolbox
- Company-provided personal protective equipment
- Training on safety, equipment and technology
- Opportunity to help support the launch of a Truck Plant
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest however; only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Pre-employment screening will be required.About GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities. Should you be contacted by General Motors of Canada, please advise if you require accommodation. General Motors of Canada values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.