Job Type: Full-Time (Regular)
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is the largest and most diversified gaming company in Canada. Operating in British Columbia, Edmonton and Ontario, Gateway has over 6,100 employees and operates 26 gaming properties with 286 tables, over 9,800 slots, 57 restaurants and bars and 272 hotel rooms. As the selected service provider in Northern Ontario, Gateway will undertake two new planned builds in North Bay and Kenora. Gateway is undertaking an ambitious growth strategy to dramatically improve the customer experience and attract new customers. This includes the development of proprietary casino and food and beverage brands like Match Eatery & Public House and Atlas Steak + Fish. This year Gateway is celebrating 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 18 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
The Steakhouse Restaurant Manager oversees the Food and Beverage front-of-house activities on scheduled shifts. Ensures customer service, food quality and policies and procedures are followed. Leads Food and Beverage service employees and communicates issues, concerns, and feedback. Undertakes initiatives to attract and retain future business. Oversees the financial, human resources and resource needs.
- Manages all food and beverage service activities through subordinate staff; ensures they have sufficient resources available. Contributes to the menu, department budget, undertakes corrective action, ensures scheduling and expenditures are controlled.
- Ensures that front-of-house food and beverage offerings are prepared in accordance with predetermined quality standards.
- Ensures consistent front-of-house food and beverage preparation and the highest calibre of food and beverage presentation and takes advantage of all opportunities to improve upon both.
- Ensures customer wishes and their satisfaction is carried out. Organizes food and beverage service for special events. Resolves customer concerns.
- Retains a thorough and updated knowledge of company policies and procedures, provincial and local regulations for casino operations, beverage service and food services.
- Liaises with government regulators that impact the operation of the department.
- Liaises with the casino management team to ensure that a high level of effective communication is maintained and participates in casino initiatives.
- Coordinates department initiatives with Food and Beverage and casino staff. Identifies business opportunities and organizes or oversees the development and deliverables of these efforts.
- Assists with and/or undertakes statistical analysis such as revenue reports, daily reconciliation, price mark ups, food and beverage costing, product inventories and sales analysis of products. Monitors and processes invoices and expenditures and ensures appropriate stock levels are maintained.
- Oversees the human resources issues, performance, safety and recruitment needs of the department. Manages the performance of direct reports including: training, appraising performance, providing positive and corrective feedback, coaching, and administering discipline.
What You’ll Require
- 4 years’ supervisory or management experience in a high volume fine dining restaurant or a 4 star hotel, and/or an equivalent combination of education, and experience
- Provincial certifications for alcohol service and food preparation
- WHMIS training preferred
- Proven leadership skills - able to direct and supervise staff
- Wine knowledge or experience as a Wine Steward an asset
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale system(s)
- Computer skills: spreadsheets, word processing, email, scheduling
- General understanding of casino operations
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Excellent communicator - both written and verbal English
- Solid customer service skills
- Proven to be detail oriented, reliable, punctual, efficient, and diligent in duties and responsibilities
- Demonstrates and promotes teamwork
- Knowledgeable in safety and fire prevention / evacuation procedures
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
D'autres offres de Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited qui pourraient vous intéresser