Job Type: Part Time
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is the largest and most diversified gaming company in Canada. Operating in British Columbia, Edmonton and Ontario, Gateway has over 6,100 employees and operates 26 gaming properties with 286 tables, over 9,800 slots, 57 restaurants and bars and 272 hotel rooms. As the selected service provider in Northern Ontario, Gateway will undertake two new planned builds in North Bay and Kenora. Gateway is undertaking an ambitious growth strategy to dramatically improve the customer experience and attract new customers. This includes the development of proprietary casino and food and beverage brands like Match Eatery & Public House and Atlas Steak + Fish. This year Gateway is celebrating 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 18 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
If planning memorable events and leading a team is your specialty, demonstrate your vision for coordinating corporate events and once in a lifetime occasions. As a Banquet Captain, you will delight our guests by overseeing banquet room preparation and ensuring first rate service.
A Great Fit, if You
- Understand guest needs and are proactive in making arrangements
- Encourage a collaborative, communicative team environment
- Can think on your feet and rectify situations with ease and find solutions
- Take ownership of banquet operations and juggle multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines
- Thrive in a dynamic and changing environment
- Enjoy meeting people and maintaining positive business relationships
- Are able to work with spreadsheets
- Are a night owl, and can benefit from working flexible hours, evenings, and weekends
- Works with clients to ensure that their banquet needs are met
- Trains and supervises Banquet Servers, providing instruction and assigning duties
- Schedules staff to ensure adequate event coverage
- Oversees set up and take down of banquet rooms; supervises food and bar service activities
- Collaborates with the Food and Beverage team to coordinate food and bar service
What You’ll Require
- Minimum 3 years banquet experience in the hotel conference / hospitality industry
- 2 years supervisory experience
- Strong working knowledge of hospitality industry practices
- Basic knowledge of bar service
- FOODSAFE Level 1 Certificate
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
D'autres offres de Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited qui pourraient vous intéresser