Ce recruteur est en ligne!
Voilà ta chance d'être vu en premier!Postuler
Company Summary Job Description
GAL AeroStaff, which provides specialized staffing and recruiting services in the Business & Commercial aircraft industry, is presently seeking a Director of Quality Assurance for our client based in the Toronto Region. GAL AeroStaff is an internationally approved OEM service provider/supplier. We offer competitive salaries and an opportunity to travel throughout the world, as well as a professional and ethical work environment.
The Director of Quality will act as a key member of the team and will be vital in the success of the organization by leading and driving quality as a key pillar. The Director will utilize lean principals and data driven management to assess and continually improve execution of the quality strategy in the organization. The Director will support aircraft assembly operations for assembled components (structure assembly), installed kits and mechanical/hydraulic systems.
- Develop and implement a company culture that supports the overall business objectives and focuses on safety, quality, cost, schedule, delivery, continuous improvement, process and people.
- Establish processes and procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Serve as the primary quality control resource for problem identification, resolution, reporting and improvement.
- Support concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance.
- Reports to management on quality issues and trends
- Reviews engineering investigation requests regarding non-conformance, initiates quality deficiency reports ensuring that they are accurate clear, concise and comprehensive
- Working cross functionally to implement processes and controls to cost effectively maintain AS 9100 approval status
- Monitor and verify the quality of assembly work in accordance with aircraft inspection documents, drawings and engineering specifications.
- Responsible for area inspections and FOD surveillance as required
- Performs product/ process audits on assembly line part of the FAI process using basic auditing principles, procedures and techniques to evaluate product and process compliance to drawing, engineering specifications and client’s quality system requirements.
- Counsels with employees on disciplinary issues and recommends disciplinary action. Attempts to resolve informal complaints and grievances.
- Provides clear and specific performance feedback and appraises the effectiveness of employees on their annual review.
- Recruiting, training and evaluating quality team members
- Responsible for determining, understanding and performing the evaluation of training needs and competencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Chemical or related engineering discipline is required. Master’s degree or MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years experience relative to aerospace structures product quality, design and manufacture is required
- Strong minded and committed, focused on delivery, must be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to present data and reports to facilitate the decision-making process at all levels of business
- Hands on experience and demonstrated skills regarding First Article Inspection process and FAI specific forms and inspection records in compliance with AS 9102 standards.
- A thorough working knowledge of the various customer and industry quality system models such as ISO9000, AS9100 and D1-9000 is required
- Advanced blueprint-reading skills for interpretation of drawings, part lists GD&T tolerances and symbols.
- Ability to work and interact with representatives from other departments throughout the organization
- Ability to interpret technical manuals, illustrations, specifications, diagrams and schematics.
- Able to travel as required by the position, including internationally.
- Maintain professionalism
- Ability to accomplish duties requited effectively and efficiently
- Keep the manager informed of daily operations
- Ability to deal with added day-to-day issues and concerns
Job Description Required Qualifications
Required Qualifications Required Skills
D'autres offres de GAL Aerospace Corp. qui pourraient vous intéresser