Ce recruteur est en ligne!
Voilà ta chance d'être vu en premier!Postuler maintenant
Researcher – Mineralogy / Geology
Be part of a team at the heart of innovation in mineral processing!
Are you passionate about research and innovation in ore processing?
Are you specialized in one or more fields of expertise in ore processing?
Do you want to make a difference in the development of sustainable technologies?
Corem offers a highly stimulating professional challenge to those who wish to commit to the pursuit of excellence in a multidisciplinary collaborative environment in the field of mineral processing.
Corem, a living environment
Corem, a centre of expertise and innovation in mineral processing, has the largest concentration of resources dedicated to R&D in this field in Canada. Corem relies on proven and recognized cutting-edge expertise, state-of-the-art facilities, laboratories and equipment, the latest technologies and partners of choice.
As a researcher (mineralogy/geology), you will be called upon to carry out projects aimed at developing and optimizing innovative processes and technologies in one or more of Corem’s fields of expertise, namely; fragmentation, physical separation, flotation, extractive metallurgy, agglomeration and thermal processes.
- Conduct the mineralogical characterisation work needed to design the steps for valuable minerals beneficiation processes;
- Carry out the mineralogical studies required to help resolve issues in existing processes;
- Participate in the development, the adaptation and the implantation of innovations to existing processes such as: methods of operation, better processing flowsheets, new equipment and new on-line measurement tools;
- Undertake all the tasks inherent to the realization of research projects within multidisciplinary teams: analyze the clients’ requirements, identify the technological challenges and the expected benefits, develop and implant solutions;
- Write technical reports and present results to COREM’s members and clients.
- A degree or master’s degree in science or engineering with, preferably, a specialization in applied mineralogy, geology, geological engineering, mining engineering or geoscience;
- Knowledge of thermal processes will be considered an asset;
- Expertise in mineralogical characterization tools such as the Mineral Liberation Analyzer (MLA) as well as optical and electron microscopes;
- Knowledge of X-ray diffraction analysis and electronic microprobe techniques;
- Strong abilities to understand and interpret geological and petrographic data using, among others, automated tools (MLA, QEMSCAN, etc.);
- Abilities in R&D projects management: propose work plans, manage budgets and schedules, write progress reports and supervise work teams;
- Strong abilities in problem solving, great concern for precision and a good analytical mind.
- Demonstration of creativity and innovation in its scientific approach
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Excellent analytical ability to solve complex problems;
- Strong problem-solving skills, rigour and a good analytical mind;
- Ability to popularize complex technical content;
- Autonomy, curiosity, creativity, dynamism, initiative, leadership and ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
Working conditions suggested
- Wage to be discussed based on experience;
- Competitive fringe benefits;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Group RRSP;
- Flexible schedule;
- Free parking;
- Social club.
You can send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details, you can contact Guillaume Nicholas, Human Resource Advisor, at 418 527-8211, extension 220.
For more details and to be aware of the latest news regarding Corem, visit our website at www.corem.qc.ca.
Cet employeur souscrit au principe d'équité en emploi et applique un programme d'accès à l'égalité en emploi pour les femmes, les autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques et les personnes handicapées
Fr : Intermédiaire
En : Avancé
Fr : Intermédiaire
En : Avancé
D'autres offres de Corem qui pourraient t'intéresser