Ce recruteur est en ligne!
Voilà ta chance d'être vu en premier!Postuler maintenant
Job ID: 11923
Job Category: Operations & Maintenance
Division & Section: Solid Waste Management Services, SWM Infrastructure & Resource Management
Work Location: 75 Vanley Cres
Job Type & Duration: Full-time Permanent Vacancy
Salary: $89,044.80 - $104,624.00, Wage Grade 6.5.
Shift Information: Monday to Friday - 6:45 am to 3:15 pm
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 01-Feb-2021 to 16-Feb-2021
Reporting General Supervisor, Construction & Maintenance, the primary functions associated with this position include, but are not limited to:
- Implements detailed plans and recommends policies/procedures regarding program specific requirements.
- Supervises, motivates and trains assigned staff, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, continuous learning and encourages innovation in others. Ensures that staff perform within the guidelines associated to the Provincial/Municipal legislation and SWM Senior Management.
- Supervises the day to day operation of all assigned staff including the scheduling, assigning and reviewing of work. Authorizes and coordinates vacation and overtime requests. Monitors and evaluates staff performance, approves salary increments, hears grievances and recommends disciplinary action when necessary.
- Provides input into and administers assigned budget, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Supervises the activities and ensures the timely/efficient completion of ongoing construction projects. Leads employees, sub-contractors and suppliers through construction and maintenance projects; reviews safety and work practices.
- Utilizes Works Managements System (WMS) for planning, scheduling, tracking work history of labour, materials cost and equipment.
- Ensures appropriate training for staff; ensuring compliance with use of protective safety equipment re hazards and handling procedures are adhered.
- Consults with senior staff regarding the design, maintenances, repairs, renovates building(s) and property(s) with a main focus is Civil Works for SWM Transfer Stations, Closed Landfills and Collections Yards.
- Responds to inquiries/complaints from senior staff, project stakeholders, union staff and the public and takes appropriate action to resolve unsatisfactory situations.
- Monitors practices of contractors for proper service delivery.
- Provides staff with safe and healthy work environment through the development/implementation of health and safety policies and accident investigations.
- Liaises with senior staff, project stakeholders, union staff and the public regarding construction matters information communications/exchange. Liaises with Corporate Labour Relations staff in preparation of arbitration cases.
- Conducts workplace inspections.
- Responds unscheduled maintenance requirements and emergency situations.
- May be required to work shifts, weekends, overtime and holidays.
- Maintains knowledge of technological developments in the fields of construction methods/materials; applying appropriately.
- Liaises with Operations & Technical Services staff to ensure projects meet the requirements of Operations.
- Schedules staff to avoid operational disruptions and ensure Operations' priorities of projects.
- Applies knowledge of SWM operations to the work; ensuring facilities are sufficiently robust for the severe service application.
- Executes construction and Estimates/orders materials from drawings.
- Maintains records of Daily Pre-Trip Inspection Reports for CVOR vehicles and Driver Status.
- Fleet maintenance and proper documentation compliance coordination.
- Monitors quality of work to ensure adherence to industry standards and verifies compliance with laws, regulations, and guidelines through the CMMS.
- Provides staff with a safe and healthy work environment through administration of Health and Safety policies and accident investigation.
- Ensures all work is undertaken in a manner that complies with and supports City compliance with the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), other relevant codes and regulations and City policies. Understands and practices all Health and Safety policies. Oversees the implementation of shop-specific safety training programs, and assures workforce compliance with OSHA job safety requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- University or college graduate in Engineering or other related discipline pertinent to the job function, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Supervisory experience gained through years of progressively more responsible positions that include the functions and administration of facility operations, service delivery, strategic planning, project planning and management. Experience supervising Union employees would be an asset
- Experience in the use of corporate computer software applications (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, WMS (Work Management Systems), CAD (Computer Aided Design) programs).
- Experience in construction, building repairs, service contract documents and specifications, and ability to coordinate and/or supervise contractors, and to work cooperatively with front line staff and operations units.
- Able to plan and organize work with a minimum of direction.
- Effective team leader with a track record demonstrating innovative and results oriented leadership, ability to promote and foster teamwork, and establish an environment for success.
- Ability to supervise/coach and train employees, and enhance development and performance of their skills.
- Knowledge of purchasing procedures, By-laws, policies and guidelines
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, drawings and blueprints
- Knowledge and proficiency in the delivery and contracting for construction related to building and property site works and repairs to City Solid Waste Management facilities & grounds. Proficiency in various competencies that include strong interpersonal, customer service, leadership, team work, written and oral communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of the Collective Agreements (Toronto Civic Employees' Union Local 416 and Canadian Union of Public Employees Local 79) and related Labour Legislation, corporate standards, policies and practices.
- Effective administrative, planning, human resources and financial management skills.
- Knowledge of federal, provincial and local codes and ordinances pertinent to building and property maintenance, design, and construction. (i.e. Ontario building Code (OBC), AODA standards, Ontario Fire code, etc.).
- Significant knowledge of the OHSA, applicable regulations and legislative requirements.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s Licence and ability to obtain a City driver’s permit.
- Any certification in Health and Safety, WHMIS and HACCP would be an asset.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.
D'autres offres de City of Toronto qui pourraient t'intéresser