Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the general maintenance, servicing and repair operations to maintain the residence, equipment, furnishings, fixtures and the surrounding grounds in proper condition. Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Plans and implements a daily, weekly, monthly and annual schedule of preventative maintenance activities to ensure the residence and equipment are safe and in good working order;
- Performs minor building, electrical, plumbing and equipment repair services to ensure the optimum functioning of the residence and equipment;
- Identifies and investigates residence deficiencies and equipment malfunctions and takes appropriate corrective action;
- Receives and stores all non-kitchen related deliveries;
- Ensures safety of residents by regularly maintaining equipment and furniture and by providing general upkeep to the residence and its systems;
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the General Manager;
- As an integral member of the residence leadership team, participates in decision-making particularly in matters related to staff and resident health and safety;
- Supervises other members of the maintenance staff as required;
- Responsible for the sourcing and procurement of high quality maintenance products and services in a cost effective manner;
- Maintains the appearance and upkeep of the residence by implementing regular painting and decorating plans and ensuring that all furniture and fixtures are in good repair and operational;
- Ensures that all units are prepared and ready for occupancy;
- Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner;
- Schedules and conducts regular preventative maintenance activities;
- Understands and follows all health and safety policies and procedures. Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, other staff members and residents. Promptly reports/takes corrective action to address actual or potentially hazardous situations;
- Chairs or participates as a member of the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee;
- Conducts regular fire and emergency preparedness drills;
- Maintains confidentiality of residents’ personal information;
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Extensive experience as a maintenance worker;
- Demonstrated skills in light carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting and equipment maintenance;
- Certificate from a program in general maintenance;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills;
- Knowledge and ability to operate all fire equipment;
- Customer service oriented;
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Supervisory skills;
- Ability to perform required physical duties which may include bending, kneeling, reaching, standing for extended periods of time, climbing ladders, lifting and carrying boxes, tools and equipment;
- Must be prepared to respond to emergency situations, to be on call and carry a cellular phone or pager, and be able to work the hours necessary to ensure the effective operation of the residence;
- Must possess a valid provincial driver’s licence and have access to a vehicle (may be required to possess a Class “F” driver’s licence);
- Must be prepared to respond to emergency situations.
To apply please email your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org