Ce recruteur est en ligne!
Voilà ta chance d'être vu en premier!Postuler maintenant
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The Maintenance Person is responsible for performing semi-skilled maintenance duties related to electrical, heating, mechanical and plumbing systems and building equipment. Performs a variety of duties related to the general maintenance of the residence and may assist with construction projects. Maintains a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members. All duties are performed in the best interest of the residents and their families, and in accordance with Chartwell’s vision, mission and values statements.
· Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Maintenance Manager.
Budget & Financial:
Marketing & Occupancy:
· Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner.
· Ensures that on-site work areas are clean and safe and ensures walkways are kept free of snow, ice, and debris.
· Completes all routine fire and other preventative maintenance inspections on a scheduled basis and ensures appropriate recordkeeping.
· Observes all fire, safety, and health regulations and is alert for the safety of residents, other staff members, and the public. Understands and follows all health and safety policies and procedures. Promptly reports/takes corrective action to address actual or potentially hazardous situations.
· Maintains confidentiality of residents’ personal information.
Operational & Administrative Systems:
· Responsible for the immediate repair of defective equipment affecting resident care (e.g. beds, chairs, etc.). If unable to repair, reports problem to the Maintenance Manager.
· Conducts routine inspections, and repairs light fixtures and outlets, changes light bulbs, connects light fixtures to outlets, replaces ballasts and other related duties. May be required to test electrical circuits, equipment and appliances using pre-set instruments.
· Assists in the repair and/or maintenance of electrical and mechanical equipment (e.g. pressure vessels, pumps, fans, electrical motors, steam boilers, etc.).
· May be required to perform minor carpentry projects.
· Completes assignments according to priority and documents services provided. Completes minor duties on planned preventive maintenance program and documents service provided.
· Receives supplies and stores in designated areas.
· Performs other related duties as required.
· One to two years’ experience in a related capacity. A working knowledge of WHMIS. Education:
· Completion of secondary school education or equivalent.
· Certificate or licensed trade in a related field.
Skills & Abilities:
· Knowledge of building systems: basic plumbing, electrical and mechanical.
· Must be physically and mentally alert.
· Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings and weekends.
To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
D'autres offres de Chartwell Résidences pour retraités qui pourraient t'intéresser