Ce recruteur est en ligne!
Voilà ta chance d'être vu en premier!Postuler maintenant
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The Health Care Aide is responsible for assisting residents with the activities of daily living in a safe and caring manner. As a member of the nursing team, they support and encourage the residents to build self-esteem, promote independence and protect their rights to autonomy and dignity.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assists in providing adequate nutrition, providing meals and nourishment and feeding to those residents as needed;
- Assists with personal hygiene, bathing and dressing;
- Assists with bowel and bladder care, ensuring the privacy and dignity of the resident, are protected at all times;
- Assists residents to maintain mobility and to transfer safely;
- Assists residents to participate in the social and recreational activities of their choice;
- Assists with transportation as required;
- Assists residents to meet requirements for sleep and rest by providing the optimum environments for rest periods and undisturbed sleep;
- Encourages residents’ to participate in care decisions and choices;
- Assists residents to meet basic needs in a gentle, courteous and respectful manner;
- During the process of dying and death, works with the Registered Nurse / Licensed Practical Nurse to ensure that comfort and dignity are maintained;
- Assists with care of the body;
- Observes and reports changes in a residents’ functional and cognitive behavior;
- May provide enemas and catheter care; apply simple dressings and topical medication including ointments and lotions; take urine samples; take and record vital signs and obtain routine laboratory specimens;
- Assist with the admissions, discharges and transfer or residents;
- Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to the Registered Nurse / Clinical Coordinator / Director of Care;
- Performs and records specific nursing procedures, as directed by the Registered Nurse / Licensed Practical Nurse;
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Successful completion of a Resident Care Attendant Program;
- Experience supporting seniors with the ADL;
- Must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively in English;
- Customer service oriented;
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal and team relationships;
- Conflict resolution skills;
- Demonstrate empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors;
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement/risk management issues;
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate the delivery of care services;
- Ability to multi-task.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings and weekends. To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
D'autres offres de Chartwell Résidences pour retraités qui pourraient t'intéresser