Who We Are:
About Capgemini Engineering
World leader in engineering and R&D services, Capgemini Engineering combines its broad industry knowledge and cutting-edge technologies in digital and software to support the convergence of the physical and digital worlds. Coupled with the capabilities of the rest of the Group, it helps clients to accelerate their journey towards Intelligent Industry. Capgemini Engineering has more than 55,000 engineer and scientist team members in over 30 countries across sectors including Aeronautics, Space, Defense, Naval, Automotive, Rail, Infrastructure & Transportation, Energy, Utilities & Chemicals, Life Sciences, Communications, Semiconductor & Electronics, Industrial & Consumer, Software & Internet.
Capgemini Engineering is an integral part of the Capgemini Group, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided every day by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of over 340,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2021 global revenues of €18 billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. Get the Future You Want!
Aircraft Standard Parts Engineer
Mirabel, Quebec Canada - Hybrid
What you’ll do:
As part of a commercial aircraft program, we are looking for a standard part development / qualification engineer
• Work with STDS part suppliers to obtain qualification data and documentation.
• Create and publish standard part specification sheets in AM9000 using eCRA.
• Create/maintain part specification and 3D catalogs.
• Propose Standard parts that meet design, manufacturing and procurement requirements.
• Offer to the engineering community the use of alternate standard parts, in support of cost reduction activities or parts shortages.
• Offer solutions to reduce costs by supporting the process of common hardware usage on Aero OEM products between Canada and Europe
• Perform component analysis and qualification (QTP, QTR, QAN) in eQSL.
• Maintain FAL parts availability list, increase parts commonality in an effort to reduce costs.
• Technical focal point representing Capgemini onsite with the client, providing technical solution on standard parts development and qualification activities including interchangeability
• Coordinate with back offices outside Canada – share inputs, follow-up on delivery status, interact with Client in Canada and suppliers worldwide to resolve technical issues and ensure deliverables on quality, on time and on budget.
What you’ll have:
• You hold a college diploma (DEC) in aerotechnics, or mechanical engineering, or a bachelor's degree in engineering.
• You have at least 3-5 years’ experience in aircraft standard part management.
• You are knowledgeable in the following tools: eCRA, CATIA V5 Part Design, ENOVIA LCA, Normaster, eQSL, AM9000, GSuite, MSOffice, eRoom.
• Understanding of Aero OEM's part equivalency (ie. ICY process) and supersession list process
• Knowledge of manufacturing engineering part specifications (i.e. BAPS, A2PS)
• You are knowledgeable in the following industry standards: FAA, NAS, SAE, TCCA, ANSI, RTCA, ASTM, ARINC, ASME, EIA, ESDU, EUROCAE, IATA, IEC, IEEE, NEMA, EUROSOURCE, ISO, DIN, EASA.
• Understanding of the aerospace part qualification process is an asset.
• You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• You have the capacity to reliably meet deadlines while paying close attention to details.
• You have the capacity to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, in English and French.
Job Location: Mirabel, QC, Canada.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.