Ce recruteur est en ligne!
Voilà ta chance d'être vu en premier!Postuler maintenant
Programme d'aide aux employés (PAE)
Programme d'aide financière aux études
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Care, the health care aide (PSW), as part of the multidisciplinary team, provides personal care and services to residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
(Other duties may be assigned).
A. PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES:Assist residents with personal care, including bathing, grooming, dressing, skin care, toileting, and ambulation while promoting as much independence as possible Assist with meal service including serving, feeding and clearing of dishes Clean and make residents’ bed and keep bedside units/room clean, tidy, and free of odour; Clean bed frames and mattresses according to cleaning schedule Remind residents of activities and appointments, and escorts them as necessary Under the supervision of the registered nurse, performs selected procedures, such as foot soaks, weighing, taking specimens, intake/output, and vital signs; Gives nail care to residents with normal nails and feet/hands. (Certified persons only) Provide conversation and stimulation to residents Sort and deliver residents’ personal clothing Work on special projects as requested by the Director of Care or Assistant Director of Care Refer problems and concerns to the nurse as required Implement bowel and bladder retraining programs, under the direction of the Registered Nurse Implement infection control precautions under the direction of the registered nurse Care for the body after death only after the registered nurse has so directed Responsible for residents with PDA’s Perform all other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Care and/or Director of Care
B. ACCOUNTABILITY FRAMEWORK:
RESIDENT FOCUSED CAREComplete all documentation for residents including food and fluid intake, bowel and bladder records and ADL record Encourage resident exercise including performing exercises with them if needed Transfer residents safely and effectively on a daily basis according to the minimal lift policy Observe changes in resident condition and report to the registered nurse (including skin condition, elimination pattern, eating pattern, emergencies, etc.)
EXCELLENT PEOPLEServe on Belmont House Committees as required Participate as an active member of the health care team
RESPONSIBLE USE OF RESOURCESResponsible for correct use of equipment such as whirlpool tub, wheelchairs and mechanical lifts Report any piece of equipment that is out of order and remove it from use Clean wheel chair, trolleys, carts and other equipment on a regular basis Responsible use of resources at all times
CONTINUOUS LEARNING AND EDUCATIONComplete all required in-services on an annual basis Engage in research/training activities related to field Assist with instruction, training and orientation of new staff and students
EFFECTIVE PARTNERSHIPS (PRIMARY INTERACTION)
Director of Care, Assistant Director of Care, Nursing Staff (RN, RPN, HCA), Professional Practice, Quality and Risk Leader, Resident’s, Family of Residents
COMPETENCIES (Behavioural & Technical Skills)
- Ability to interact with seniors including those that are cognitively impaired
- Excellent organizational, observational, teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong documentation skills.
- Work independently as well as within a team
- Demonstrated skill in managing aggressive behaviour using client centered approach
- Ability to articulate and demonstrate resident safety strategies
- Adheres to policies and procedures of Belmont House and regulations set out by the Ministry of Health and Long term Care at all times
- Demonstrates understanding of, and compliance with, responsibilities under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations and the organizations’ health and safety plans, policies and procedures. Attends Health and Safety in-services and takes action to address unsafe conditions and procedures, to ensure a healthy a safe work environment.
- Demonstrates understanding of, compliance with, and commitment to, resident/tenant safety responsibilities and corresponding plans, policies and procedures in order to ensure a safe environment for resident/tenants. Attends resident/tenant safety in-services and takes action to address unsafe conditions and procedures.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized school or program that meets the requirements outlined in the Long Term Care Act
- Comprehensive knowledge of health care practices and techniques as they relate to long term care
- Previous experience in a long term care setting preferred
Cet employeur souscrit au principe d'équité en emploi et applique un programme d'accès à l'égalité en emploi pour les femmes, les autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques et les personnes handicapées
En : Intermédiaire
En : Intermédiaire
D'autres offres de Belmont House qui pourraient t'intéresser