This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Medical and paramedical expenses coverage
From everyday staples to gourmet specialties, Yummy Market is a European retail grocer located in and around the GTA that offers a unique shopping experience. In a true European tradition, our passion for wholesome, made from scratch foods combined with our commitment to offer great value is the driving force behind everything we do.
We are currently looking for an experienced Full Time – Cake Decorators who will be responsible for providing mouth watering European cakes, pastries and doughs from scratch. This role is part culinary artist and part scientist. There is a need to ensure that we are following health and safety guidelines on ensuring product freshness and product quality at all times. This role will be located in our Vaughan/Maple Yummy Market location (1390 Major Mackenzie Drive West).
The Qualifications :
- Prior 2-3 years cake decorating experience – European styling
- Cake/Pastry Decoration certification from an accredited culinary institute
- General knowledge of mixing and pastry production is preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be comfortable lift between 30lb to 50lbs (23kg)
- Good verbal and written communication and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize work tasks, multi-task and maintain focus
- Ability to do light prep work
- Maintains safe work environment according to provincial regulations
- Miscellaneous cleaning and stocking
- Must have flexible work availability, available to start work early, depending on bakery needs
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in joining Yummy Market but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Yummy Market is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)