This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Posting Information
Are you an Anesthesia Assistant, or have you recently completed an AA course?
Do you want to work for an organization recently recognized as having one of Canada’s most admired corporate cultures? We are currently accepting resumes to build a pool of qualified candidates for future opportunities as an Anesthesia Assistant at the Civic and General campuses.
Who We Are
The Ottawa Hospital is one of Canada’s largest learning and research hospitals, with more than 1,100 beds, approximately 12,000 staff members and an annual budget of about $1.2 billion.
Our focus on learning and research helps us develop new and innovative ways to treat patients and improve care. As a multi-campus hospital affiliated with the University of Ottawa, we deliver specialized care to the Eastern Ontario region, but our techniques and research discoveries are adopted around the world. We engage the community at all levels to support our vision for better patient care.
Who You Are
You are an Anesthesia Assistant with a passion for people and a desire to make a difference. The work that you do at The Ottawa Hospital matters because you are key player on a team who is committed to providing each patient with an exceptional experience by demonstrating compassion, respect for all, a collaborative spirit and a commitment to quality.
Sounds like you? Do you have the skills and experience listed below?
- Diploma from an accredited Respiratory Therapy Program;
- Graduated from a post graduate Anesthesia Assistant course;
- Current and general certificate of registration or eligibility for general certification with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario (C.R.T.O.) without limitations
- Certified in ACLS;
- Knowledge of anesthesia technologies, basic hemodynamic principles, and general knowledge of anesthesia equipment;
- Sound judgement and problem-solving abilities;
- Knowledge of the Regulated Health Professions Act and other related professional acts;
- Knowledge of hospital/OR processes, policies and procedures;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
You’ll stand out if you have…
- Membership in Respiratory Therapy Professional Association(s);
- Membership with the Canadian Anesthesiologists' Society (CAS) Anesthesia Assistant subcommittee;
- Membership with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists AA subcommittee (CSRT);
- Two (2) years of multi-service operating room experience within the last two (2) years in the role of anesthesia assistant.
What we need from you
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient safety as we are, we want to hear from you!
Please submit your online application, including your CV and cover letter, so that you may be considered for future vacancies.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. The Ottawa Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other The Ottawa Hospital's offers that may interest you