This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Accidental death insurance
Defined Contribution Pension Plan (DCPP)
Employee assistance program
Long-term disability insurance
Medical and paramedical expenses coverage
On-site medical services
Short-term disability insurance
Are you an experienced Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist or Kinesiologist?
Do you want to work for an organization recently recognized as one of the National Capital’s Top Employers? Would you like to gain and diversify your scope of experience? Would you like the opportunity to grow and learn in your professional field?
We are currently seeking applications to build a pool of qualified candidates for part-time and full-time opportunities in the Ontario Workers Network Program at our Riverside Campus, Rehabilitation Center, and our South Keys satellite site.
Who We Are
The Ottawa Hospital is one of Canada’s largest learning and research hospitals, with more than 1,100 beds, approximately 12,000 staff members and an annual budget of about $1.2 billion.
Our focus on learning and research helps us develop new and innovative ways to treat patients and improve care. As a multi-campus hospital affiliated with the University of Ottawa, we deliver specialized care to the Eastern Ontario region, and our techniques and research discoveries are adopted around the world. We engage the community at all levels to support our vision for better patient care.
We are one of the 21 partner sites with the Ontario Workers Network (OWN). Through OWN we help injured workers from across Ontario receive the highest quality specialty care available to them. With OWN we help manage workers who require muscoskeletal rehabilitation, who have neurological injuries, amputations and those who suffer from mental illness.
We also work closely with the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board, helping administer many of their programs. These include; their programs of care which encompass musculokeletal, shoulder care and lower back injuries as well as their serious injury program which encompasses workplace injuries causing permanent disabilities.
Who You Are
You are an experienced Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Kinesiologist with a passion for helping people and a desire to make a difference while demonstrating sound judgement and strong problem-solving abilities. You demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines of constantly shifting priorities and have superior verbal and written communication skills, including experience writing reports.
Sounds like you? Do you have the skills and experience listed below?
Physiotherapist: salary range $39.442 - $46.986
- Master's degree in Physiotherapy OR equivalent program recognized by the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario (CPO);
- Successful completion of registration and examination process for physiotherapy as set by the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario (CPO);
- Working knowledge of regulatory standards set by licensing board (CPO);
- Two years’ experience;
- Experience working with Motor Vehicle Accident and WSIB/third-party payors’ patients;
- Eligible for Certification in CPR and/or First Aid;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Occupational Therapist: salary range $39.442 - $46.986
- Master's degree in Occupational Therapy OR equivalent program recognized by the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario (COTO) AND have successfully completed the College registration/examination process;
- Sound knowledge of readiness to return to work assessments, interventions, processes and resources;
- Working knowledge of regulatory standards set by licensing board (COTO).
Kinesiologist: salary range $32.127 - $43.095
- Bachelor of Kinesiology from a recognized university;
- Registered Kinesiologist with the College of Kinesiology of Ontario;
- Two years' experience;
- Experience developing and coordinating individualized work conditioning programs focused on injury prevention and an early and safe return to work;
- Experience performing job shadowing, body mechanics training and/or functional exercises;
- WSIB and MVA experience;
- Functional Abilities Evaluation Certification.
You’ll stand out if you have…
- Experience working with MVA and WSIB/third-party payors’ patients;
- Proficiency in English and French – oral [removed]advanced level) and comprehension (advanced level).
What we need from you
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient safety as we are, we want to hear from you!
Please submit your online application, including your CV and cover letter, so that you may be considered for future vacancies.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. The Ottawa Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 69759
Other The Ottawa Hospital's offers that may interest you