This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Public transportation nearby
We began caring for seniors and enabling seniors to care for themselves in 1983. We continue to do so today as an accredited, not-for-profit community support service agency in Toronto by offering a wide range of practical and low-cost services to seniors and their caregivers. Our services help seniors stay safe, connected, and live as independently as possible. They also prevent premature or inappropriate institutionalization.
We supply services regardless of ability, race, religion, ethnic origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, and are committed to LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) inclusiveness.
- Relief (example: covering for vacation, holidays or sick time)
- Casual (when needed)
As a Personal Support Worker with Sprint Senior Care, you have the opportunity to perform community based Personal Support work, assisting clients with activities of daily living in their homes. You will be able to help make a difference in others' lives, encouraging them to live their life to their full potential while feeling comfortable and safe.
· Assist the client with personal care such as dressing, personal hygiene, mobility, toileting, eating, and other routines of daily living, encouraging client to do as much as possible for her/himself.
· Assist the clients in the activities of daily living including shopping, housekeeping, laundry and meal preparation and medication monitoring.
· Report and document any changes in client health status and undertake necessary steps to ensure client’s safety and well-being.
· Demonstrate initiative and professionalism at all times with clients, families and community contacts.
· Assist the client with appropriate socialization activities as per the client’s choice and emotional needs.
· Personal Support Worker Certificate from an Accredited School is mandatory
· Demonstrated ability to create opportunities for clients to maximize and maintain their abilities to the greatest extent possible
· Experience working with seniors
· Must be able to meet physical demand requirements of the role
· First Aid/CPR an asset
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
· Must have a positive attitude and be committed to fostering a healthy team environment
· A keen desire to learn
· Able to work in a smoking/pet environment
· Able to prioritize client’s needs
We appreciate all applications; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
SPRINT Senior Care encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our community.
SPRINT Senior Care is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other SPRINT Senior Care's offers that may interest you