This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Commitment to work-life balance
A flexible work schedule with the possibility of teleworking.
Floating leave days
Paid leave days for personal reasons.
A group insurance plan with a 50% employer’s contribution.
Up to one week per year of relevant training for your professional development.
Registered retirement savings plan
An employer’s contribution to your personal or group RRSP.
Reimbursement of professional association dues or membership fees
Payment of contributions to the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec or to another relevant professional body.
Social activities organized by the company
Presence of a social committee that organizes various activities among colleagues and with family members.
Three weeks of annual vacation time upon hiring.
NGC Aerospace is looking for a guidance, navigation, and control specialist (GNC). As part of your duties, you will be mainly responsible for the analysis, conception, and validation of GNC software, software/firmware/hardware integration, and the development of associated software.
Your new day-to-day
- Develop and implement, using MATLAB/Simulink and C/C++, GNC and artificial vision software for space vehicles such as Earth observation satellites and space exploration probes;
- Define the required hardware, including sensors;
- Analyze and validate systems using digital simulations of operational environments, dynamic testing in a controlled environment, and field-testing;
- Model complex physical systems and develop associated simulators;
- Implement software in a real-time environment;
- Develop software tools to consolidate the organization’s efficiency and improve the quality of its products;
- Optimize Simulink models to automatically generate efficient C code;
- Conduct research and development studies;
- Prepare technical documents using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and present results to customers and partners;
- Support the preparation of replies to calls for proposals and project management tasks.
Your new benefits
- The opportunity to work for an international company that is well established and in excellent financial health;
- The chance to collaborate with a qualified team and sound human resource management, open to the sharing of new ideas and innovation;
- The joy of living in the Eastern Townships, a region that offers a balanced lifestyle (wide open spaces, affordable real estate, absence of traffic, etc.);
- A competitive salary that matches your skills and professional experience;
- Three weeks of vacation time upon hiring;
- A flexible work schedule with the possibility of teleworking;
- A group insurance plan with a 50% employer’s contribution;
- An employer’s contribution to your personal or group RRSP;
- The presence of a social committee that organizes various activities among colleagues and with family members.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical or aerospace engineering or equivalent (a master’s degree is an asset);
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience, including internships;
- Knowledge of the English language, written and spoken;
- Mastery of one or several of the following fields: control theory, navigation theory, image processing, dynamic modelling;
- Experience and skills in C/C++ programming;
- Mastery of the MATLAB/Simulink environment (Embedded Coder an asset);
- Ability to communicate with colleagues, customers, and partners;
- Organizational skills, autonomy, ability to work independently and in a team;
- Ability to manage several tasks stemming from different projects simultaneously;
- Ability to talk about drones, Kalman filters, and algorithms.
- Experience in the design and operation of unmanned or remote-controlled systems;
- Experience in the design of space systems;
- Knowledge of other programming languages (Python, Java);
- Knowledge of and experience with best practices in terms of software quality assurance (DOT standards, RTCA DO-178B/C and MISRA compliance);
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (or eligibility to become a member);
- Knowledge of French, spoken and written.
Ms. Andréanne Hamel, Human Resources Coordinator: email@example.com
LET INTELLIGENCE GUIDE YOUR CAREER
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Fr : Intermediate
En : Intermediate
Fr : Intermediate
En : Intermediate
Other NGC Aerospace Ltd.'s offers that may interest you