This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Commitment to work-life balance
Professional training and development program
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of children while running an exciting business?
About This Opportunity
Mathnasium in South Surrey, BC is looking for a highly motivated, result oriented person to fill the Assistant Centre Director (ACD) position. The ACD is an expert in managing all aspects of business and has a strong foundation in math.
A Mathnasium ACD is responsible for the successful day to day operations of the centre and contributes to the overall success of the center. At a high level this includes the educational success of each child and the financial success of the center.
During the regular instruction hours, the ACD works as a team leader supervising and providing support to the team of instructors. In the absence of the Centre Director and outside of the instruction hours, the ACD manages the Centre administration and operations.
A Successful ACD is passionate about math education and has the desire to help expand, and eventually run a purpose-driven business. Assistant Center Directors generally work Monday through Thursday 11 am – 8 pm and on Sunday mornings. Additional hours may be required to fulfill all the requirements of this position. This is a salary position with benefits.
- Assessing students and communicating results
- Teaching, mentoring and working with children
- Managing the curriculum needs of the students
- Communicating with parents about the progress of their child
- Hiring, training and mentoring instructors
- Managing student and instructor schedules
- General business operations
- Marketing or networking in the community
- Selling in person, by mail, and by phone
- Completing other administrative responsibilities
Personal Traits: Friendly, outgoing, flexible, passionate, trustworthy, energetic, professional attitude, and high achiever.
Education: Minimum four-year degree in Education, Mathematics, Engineering, Business or related field.
- Managing and mentoring people in a supervisory role
- Retail /customer service management
- Working with children between the ages of 5 – 17
- Teaching in a classroom or learning centre environment
- Selling in person, by mail, or by phone
- A very strong foundation in basic math skills. Proficiency in higher math including Algebra, Trigonometry, Pre-calculus and Geometry is an asset
- Working knowledge of both computers and standard Microsoft Office applications
Level of education
Work experience (years)
En : Advanced
En : Advanced
Other Mathnasium of South Surrey's offers that may interest you