This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Commitment to work-life balance
Employee assistance program
Medical and paramedical expenses coverage
Registered retirement savings plan
Position Type: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Locations all within the city, notice of location to be shared during interview stages.
Mainstay Housing works with people living with mental illness, including addictions, who are deeply affected by poverty; and provides them with housing, on-going support and greater opportunity to be part of a community. We are a private non-profit housing corporation, which owns and manages 41 buildings with over 900 units.
Our mission is to operate high-quality housing, support housing stability and create inclusive communities.
This position reports to a Manager, Building Services, and will be responsible, at specified properties, for cleaning, janitorial, grounds, snow removal, refuse removal and light maintenance services. You will be assigned a regular portfolio of buildings, and be assigned to rotating coverage for staff absences at other sites.
- Daily and cyclical cleaning of lobbies, corridors, stairwells, site offices, public washrooms, elevator cabs, meeting and common rooms, mechanical and storage rooms, caretaker’s closets, garages, etc.
- Ensuring that the quality and timeliness of assigned work meets the required service standards and guidelines;
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, tenants, agencies and contractors;
- Assisting the Manager, Building Services in the identification and resolution of site-specific issues
- At least two years’ experience in all aspects of professional cleaning and light repairs;
- Knowledge of cleaning products and their appropriate application, particularly the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS 2015);
- Experience operating cleaning machinery such as buffers, steam cleaners, power washing machinery, wet and dry vacuums, floor strippers, etc.;
- Ability to operate snow blowers and garbage machinery;
- Ability to lift over 40lbs, i.e. large bags of de-icer
- Physically able to manage stairs, and be mobile on feet, wearing work shoes/safety boots most of your 7-hour day
- Sensitivity to working with tenants of supportive housing;
- Experience in lock changes and repairs
- Experience in light plumbing and electrical repairs including replacing washers, removing blockages to sinks and toilets, repairs to electrical fixtures and outlets;
- Ability to perform repairs due to wear and tear and vandalism
- Driver’s license and vehicle preferable to facilitate your movement between sites though not required.
Our locations are on TTC routes
Mainstay Housing is an environment that is characterized by respect and choice
Building environments are not smoke-free and most do not have elevators.
At Mainstay Housing we strive to reflect the diversity of the community. We are committed to developing a barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted, please inform human resources if you require any accommodation measures to ensure you will be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner.
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Mainstay Housing's offers that may interest you